• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete photos

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to delete photos from my Adobe Cloud. I had it syncing with Photos on my iPhone and was running out of space. It was never my intention to sync photos from my phone. I do want to be able to start editing a photo on my desktop and finish on my iPad. My first question is how do I delete the photos from Adobe Cloud? I have selected photos and hit delete and confirmed the delete, but then nothing happens. The photos do not disappear and the deleted folder remains empty. The second question is with the sync turned off, is it possible to continue editing on other devices?

Thanks!

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kate25281210pxlb 

In Lightroom Mobile, go into the app settings, and in the Import tab you will want to disable anything that's enabled under Auto Add From Camera Roll.  One a fresh install of the app, this will be on by default for subscribers.

After that, you can use any of the Lightroom apps to select and delete the photos you don't want uploaded to Lightroom Cloud storage.  The cloud centric Lightroom desktop and mobile apps will sync original images to the cloud, and this can fill up cloud storage quickly depending on how many photos you import.

However, if you are a user of Lightroom Classic, this original app for the desktop does Not upload originals, but rather will upload downsampled copies of your images called smart previews which will not fill up your cloud storage like the other apps.  If this appeals to you, then you will want to transfer images from your cameras and mobile devices to your desktop computer, and use Lightroom Classic to sync the images.  For more info, please see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines