• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete photos

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version 5.0 on Mac OS 12.0.1 on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019).

Problem: I open Lightroom and delete a photo by selecting it and hitting the backspace key. This works only for a random (short) amount of time. Instead of deleting the photo, Lightroom then just greys it out. Right click on the photo and the 'Delete Photo' is also greyed out. The photo is also present in the bin, but clicking the trash can has no effect. The only solution is to restart Lightroom, at which point the 'deleted' photos are no longer greyed out or in the bin. I am currently having to restart Lightroom every few minutes to be able to manage my catalogue which is not productive. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, any luck finding a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing yet, sorry 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing this too. I suspect Monterey - I've been having quirky problems since upgrading. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem just after I did the update! It's so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue for a while. It is really annoying when culling large amounts of photos to realize that LR has not been deleting photos for a while. And then I have to restart LR and go back to make sure it deleted everything.

Please fix this! 

I am using Lightroom 5.1 on Mac OS 12.0.1 on Mac Mini M1 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem here too. I have three different Macbooks - 2019, 2021, and 2023 and the same problem has occurred in lightroom.

For me, I actually have a couple dozen photos in the Deleted folder, but the "permanently delete" button is greyed out. AND, in my recent photos, the items i'm trying to delete simply grey out, and never even make it to the Deleted folder.

What's odd too is that this issue seems intermittent - there have been times were I have successfully sent items to the deleted folder (!! Success !!) AND permanently deleted them ( !! Amazing !!). But lately success in this area is less common. 

Anyway this issue needs a resolution from Adobe. We're paying too much money to be facing such a basic problem. Boo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines