Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Unable to delete photos

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version 5.0 on Mac OS 12.0.1 on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019).

Problem: I open Lightroom and delete a photo by selecting it and hitting the backspace key. This works only for a random (short) amount of time. Instead of deleting the photo, Lightroom then just greys it out. Right click on the photo and the 'Delete Photo' is also greyed out. The photo is also present in the bin, but clicking the trash can has no effect. The only solution is to restart Lightroom, at which point the 'deleted' photos are no longer greyed out or in the bin. I am currently having to restart Lightroom every few minutes to be able to manage my catalogue which is not productive. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 hours ago 5 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, any luck finding a solution? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine is doing this too. I suspect Monterey - I've been having quirky problems since upgrading. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Certified Instructor | Adobe User Group Manager

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines