• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to edit older photos in Lighroom mobile library post new update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the older photos which are previously imported in Lightroom mobile are now open up as blurry with controls disabled. They were working fine before. The newer photos post update of the app can be edited. The issue is my photos in the Lightroom library are not on my phone and now they are stuck not able to do anything about them.  Attached video. Phone Samsung Note 9 android.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bhushan,

We're sorry about the trouble experienced with Lightroom mobile. We're here for your help.

Which updated version of Lightroom Mobile are you using? What is the available storage of your device? Is it happening, in particular? Are these files not synced with Lightroom Cloud? If yes, please go to lightroom.adobe.com and check if you can locate the images.

Try re-installing and relaunching the application.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Mobile version: 7.2.1

Available storage is 1.3 GB

This is happening in all the older images in the library.. Anything recent I can edit. 

I can see these older files in lightroom cloud. I used browser on my computer to view and can edit via my computer browser. Not just via within the App on mobile android.

I tried again with sync on. And looks like the problem is resolved now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Mobile needs at least a Smart Preview locally to be able to edit (and not just the thumbnail).

If sync is off (and these old photos haven't been accessed by the app in a while) then the Smart Preview or Original cannot be downloaded from the Cloud for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh Interesting.. Thank you. So if I sync everything from the cloud and turn off the cloud, will it give the problem again? Sometime I turn off syncing because when I am using just data and it takes my battery juice and slows my editing if I am in a bad reception area. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines