• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to playback HDR videos in Lightroom 4.3 on Windows 10 - BT2020 HLG color space

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm using Windows 10 Pro fully updated and Adobe Lightroom fully updated. System and video drivers are all updated as well. I have HDR videos that I import into Lightroom but they will not play and it gives me this message.

"Microsoft Windows does not currently support videos recorded in the BT2020 HLG color space. This includes, but is not limited to, HDR videos from the iPhone 12."

This could be a deal breaker for me and a reason to switch back to Mac. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks so much

Joshua

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble while trying to play back HDR videos in Lightroom. Since Windows does not have support for the BT.2020 HLG color space, we do not have a way to fix this issue untill the support is included.

Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/unable-to-play-video-on-windows.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not think this is true. I can play HLG videos in Windows in many applications just fine. Some down-convert to SDR and some play it correctly as HDR HLG, but it appears to be not an issue for other software developers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines