• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to uninstall App from iPad

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems after deleting Lightroom from iPad and iPhone (in order to clear missing profiles error message) I can't now get it again, the App Store constantly displays 'Open' as my only option and when I log into Creative Cloud and look in apps it says it is already installed. When it uninstalled it left an icon with a wire frame instead of an app icon, I deleted that as well.

So what now?

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

It seems I have solved this particular issue by factory resetting my iPad and then restoring from an iCloud backup, Lightroom has returned (even though it was nowhere to be found when I backed up the iPad to the cloud?) - things obviously got confused?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting Lightroom on my iPad in order to reinstall to correct an error message, the App Store won't download the app again as it thinks it is still installed, I just get an 'open' button instead of the 'get' button? The original uninstall left a wire frame icon with the name Lightroom, which wouldnt load and I managed to delete eventually.

Has anyone found a cure for this behaviour (I've seen it mentioned online) or can Apple support comment please, as I am now without Lightroom on the iPad and as it is part of my subscription package I'd like it back please? 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart your iPad: turn it off completely and then start it again. That usually fixes this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan, I've tried that (I presume you mean hold down home key and on/off button simultaneously until hard switch off?) I did read on here someone with a similar issue being told by Adobe to reset iPad completely and restore from backup... not really something I want to do but might have to?

Incidentally this post keeps being merged with my original problem, which was missing camera profiles. PLEASE, will whoever is doing this please stop! This is not related at all to missing profiles, it's an issue caused by the proposed solution to missing profiles... how is it ever going to be seen as the issue it is if you keep putting the damn thing back in here!!!

I'll wait for a day and repost again as a separate issue and keep doing that until it is left where I put it! Crikey, I wish Adobe were as quick to respond as moderators are as quick to merge issues!

This issue is 'unable to reinstall Lightroom on the iPad when it has been deleted' please unmerge and reinstate as a new post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please moderator, do not merge this post with my previous issue of missing camera profiles, it is not related!!! I want this issue treated separately so it gets noticed by someone who might have the answer - Adobe even?

After deleting Lightroom on my iPad in order to reinstall to correct an error message, the App Store won't download the app again as it thinks it is still installed, I just get an 'open' button instead of the 'get' button? The original uninstall left a wire frame icon with the name Lightroom, which wouldnt load and I managed to delete eventually.

Has anyone found a cure for this behaviour (I've seen it mentioned online) or can Apple support comment please, as I am now without Lightroom on the iPad and as it is part of my subscription package I'd like it back please? 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tim Woodward wrote:

Thanks Johan, I've tried that (I presume you mean hold down home key and on/off button simultaneously until hard switch off?) I did read on here someone with a similar issue being told by Adobe to reset iPad completely and restore from backup... not really something I want to do but might have to?

Yes, that's what I mean. I have seen this happening once or twice on my iPad in the past (not with Lightroom but with another app) and eventually this solved it. I did not have to restore from a backup.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App removal is governed by iOS. Have you contacted Apple support?

Here is a second method for stubborn App deletion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4737057 

"Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > STORAGE Manage Storage. Note that this is the first Manage Storage. Wait for the list to populate and tap on the entry for the app. It should offer a Delete App button which may work."

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I've tried that, Lightroom isn't listed in storage? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend contacting Apple Support at this point. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems I have solved this particular issue by factory resetting my iPad and then restoring from an iCloud backup, Lightroom has returned (even though it was nowhere to be found when I backed up the iPad to the cloud?) - things obviously got confused?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines