• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update Lightroom after factory reset

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had Lightroom since 2014. I recently had to do a factory reset on my computer and after re-installing Lightroom I cannot update it. I have called and spoke with reps with no help. I was told to download Creative Cloud and update it from there but I do not have Lightroom listed under my plan. Do I have to pay for a Creative Cloud plan? Everything was working just fine before I did the factory reset. I have Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom? Sounds like you are perhaps still using Lightroom 6, which is no longer supported and updated. You should be able to download the updates here: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 4. I just need to be able to upload and edit my pictures from Nikon D7200. It keeps saying image not available. So I checked to see if there was any updates and it showed that it was an update available (Lightroom 4.4), however, when I try to download the update I get an error message saying the website cannot be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom 4" can be very confusing, because there are two of them. First, there is (or better 'was') a version 4 of the Lightroom that is now called 'Lightroom Classic' and is now at version 10.3. Version 4 is obsolete and very old, so you won't find any updates anymore. And then there is the new 'Lightroom', also known as 'Lightroom desktop', which happens to be at version 4.3 right now. It sounds like you use that unsupported, obsolete version. It may tell you there is an update, but the update servers are long gone offline.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good answers from @JohanElzenga 

So in summary you have two choices-

1) Subscribe to the Photography Plan (20GB) $9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA) 

2) Convert your raw NEF files to raw DNG and continue with Lr4  (If you can re-install it from a DVD.!!!)

DNG LEGACY SUPPORT

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines