• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use my Standalone Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I've been unable to use lightroom 6 standalone, which I purchased a couple years ago.  Now, when I try to launch it, I'm prompted to sign in and activate a cloud based plan.  If I decline and close out, thats it.  Nothing.  Completely unable to access it.

I figured maybe I needed to enter my serial or something.  I logged into my profile, clicked on Plans, and found my order, but when I click to get my serial number, it says 'Could not find download details for the requested order.'  Not sure what's going on, but this is ridiculous.  I've been a long time user and do not want the cloud based version and I do not feel the need to upgrade other than every few years.  It was hard enough to even buy the standalone version and now I'm being prevented from even using it.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas?  If not, I'll have to look at alternative apps, which is a shame since I paid for this.

Thanks,

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

My downloads from the Orders section didn't work either using Safari. The problem seems to be the AJAX API call from the downloads page within a specific order. The request to https://api.account.adobe.com/commerce/v1/downloads?antiCache=XXX&order-number=YYY&page-size=50 fails with a message:

Failed to load resource: Request header Accept-Language is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Headers.

I suppose the downloads will work again once this is fixed.

Anyway, I tried to access the same link from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be signed in, so Lightroom can check your license from time to time. You don't need a subscription plan however, just an AdobeID.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeffreys,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Please refer to the following link which will help you to convert the Lightroom CC-Cloud to standalone Lightroom 6 version.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial version to licensed Lightroom 6 copy

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My downloads from the Orders section didn't work either using Safari. The problem seems to be the AJAX API call from the downloads page within a specific order. The request to https://api.account.adobe.com/commerce/v1/downloads?antiCache=XXX&order-number=YYY&page-size=50 fails with a message:

Failed to load resource: Request header Accept-Language is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Headers.

I suppose the downloads will work again once this is fixed.

Anyway, I tried to access the same link from the latest version of Firefox and it worked fine and let me download the exe/dmg file. @jeffreys42057005, you might want to give it a try and see if it works for you.

Best,
Bartek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification guys!  As Bartek mentioned, I was also able to use chrome to get my serial number.  Thanks to both of you.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mohit,

I only have ONE computer, and was able to open Lightroom 6 before, but now I get the Adobe Application Manager alert saying that I have this application already installed on the maximum computers!

My Adobe account CONFIRMS that I have purchased and registered Lightroom 6, and it HAD been working for a couple of months, but now refuses to even launch.

How, WITHOUT me having bought a new computer since, AND the serial number only attributed to MY email address; can I now NOT be able to use the application on the SAME computer it USED to work on?

It seems as if Adobe only really cares about new customers signing up to their subscription accounts.

I am still on an older Mac OS, so that I can carry on using my Creative Suite 6 as well, but this is just really poor service, to be honest...

Please let me know if there's ANYTHING that can be done to remedy this issue, as I bought this application from an eBay seller, we went through the whole process of license transfer; the application DID work for a while, but has now stopped launching.

Thank you.

JMB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines