• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded from free version to premium lightroom mobile and all photos/presets gone

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Can anyone help? I upgraded my free version of LR mobile to premium and when it updated, all my photos and presets are gone! The LR mobile I have is version 6 and I'm using Pocophone F1 with Android 10 version.

I was told by chat rep that since its a free version, it wouldn't sync to cloud and so there's no way to retrieve my photos and presets. Point is, why would I pay premium to have all my photos/presets gone when I was not notified/informed that such thing would occur if I upgrade? Is there really no way to retrieve all the photos and presets that I had??

Regretting paying for premium just so my photos/presets be deleted 😭

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chel, Sorry to hear that you have lost your data. We would like to investigate here if any of your image/presets were synced to the cloud and if they are recoverable or not.

So to help us with the investigation, can you please provide us diagnostic logs by performing below steps:

1. Enable the Diagnostic mode i.e. Go to Settings Panel and long press on top left “Lr” icon (this will enable “Send Feedback” button on Settings Panel).
  2. Wait for 10 seconds and tap on “Send Feedback” button at the end of settings panel.
  3. Within few seconds the sharing sheet will open, send across the logs using mail or drive. As the logs will be sent in a separate thread, please provide a description of the issue (it will help us in tracking).

Also, with the logs, please mention the count of images and presets you had in your catalog (approximate count is as well fine).

Lastly, can you please try logging into https://lightroom.adobe.com and check if you see any images under "Sync issues" album?

Regards,

Arnab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SAME THING just happened to me and I am having a very hard time figuring out WHY this is the user experience offered?? I would have prepared for the shift had I known!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me too-- were you able to retrieve them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me too! If anyone knows how to retrieve all photos and presets PLEASE let me know!! Shocked that there was no warning of this happening upon upgrading. I immediately cancelled my upgrade thinking it might reverse the deletion but no such luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still in contact w customer service but no such luck retrieving and customer support is the opposite of helpful. I truly don't understand how they don't warn you of this before upgrading, it's  insane 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing happened to me too... 

Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Just upgraded and lost everything. Adobe must have a way of retrieving the files. This is absurd!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bellsimoes and @Brennan0D44 

Did this happen on iOS or Android?  Do not uninstall the app -- your missing files are still in the application cache and deleting the app will also delete files you have not yet synced.  Have you signed into Lightroom using more than one email address/Adobe ID?  Does it help to sign out and back in again?   

For iOS, if signing in again doesn't help, please backup your device and then try the advice on this page to try and recover your original images:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm...

For more info on iTunes or Mac OS Finder file sharing, see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301 

If you are not able to recover files, do you have a recent back up of your device from a time when Lightroom still had your images?  If so, restore that backup onto your device and then try the help steps again from the link above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact thing just happened to me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SAME thing happened to me. I had like 12 presets that I worked on for HOURS and hours to get just right for what I wanted and just upgraded today to the premium version and poff gone forever. WHATS THE POINT IN UPGRADING!! NO WARNING, NO "hey save your presets" and now i'm on the phone and all they can say is they have known about this bug  FOR 6 MONTHS! ADOBE PLEASE FIX THIS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultlz50up6wuz0j 

I am sorry to hear about your loss of presets/effort.  LR iOS 6.2 released last week fixed this issue, but unfortunately updating now may not help you recover what's lost.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines