• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upload problems

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to synch some .MP4 videos from my desktop to the cloud. I have a very strong Internet connection (312 Mbps down / 12 Mbps up, measured just now) and the files are roughly 500-600 MB each. I am running LR CC 4.2 and I have been trying for a week to synch these files, and they are not moving. I paid for a storage upgrade in my CC account specifically so I could back up ALL of my photos and videos to the cloud, but this is ridiculous. I also have a SmugMug account and everything uploads there without issue. 

Is there any way to not synch specific files? I have these files backed up to both Google Drive and my SmugMug, (WAY BETTER than Adobe) so if they're not backed up to Adobe it won't be the worst thing. But I want the videos to be kept in the same folder as the photos for catalog purposes. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of the various cc cloud options are designed for file storage.  they're more suitable for file sharing: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

that said, i don't know why you're having trouble syncing (by which i infer you've added files to your local sync folder and they are not uploading to your online cc storage).  there could be a file cc is interpreting as corrupt.

to debug, you could try syncing some fraction of your current sync folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. It synced almost a TB of stuff, but there are just a few video files that won't sync. I've just deleted them from the project, so now everything else is synced just fine. It's frustrating, but it's also a matter of me trying to have multiple copies of everything all over the place. It's especially frustrating because so many other services have no issue with the syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom makes copies locally (within its internal catalog) before it uploads to the Cloud. As they are large files, is there a possibility this could be a space issue?

Although, if its trying to sync I guess it's paste that stage.

What happens when you just try one file... same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines