• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using app on iPad to delete images in LrC on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I use Lightroom classic on my MacBook (Big Sur) and have approx 60,000 raw images w most on an ext hd. Is there a way to use my iPad to view the images & remove those no longer needed? I am a fairly new user w a CC subscription but haven't downloaded the iPad app yet. I appreciate any guidance available.

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

The short answer is that you cannot delete images from LrC using any of the Lightroom ecosystem apps (such as LrMobile on your iPad).

Longer answer: to review your LrC images on a mobile device using the LrMobile app obviously requires that those images are synced to your cloud account. Classic will only upload smart previews of the original images, but these are generally good enough for reviewing on a mobile device. So once they are upoloaded, they will be available for review and edit on yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The short answer is that you cannot delete images from LrC using any of the Lightroom ecosystem apps (such as LrMobile on your iPad).

Longer answer: to review your LrC images on a mobile device using the LrMobile app obviously requires that those images are synced to your cloud account. Classic will only upload smart previews of the original images, but these are generally good enough for reviewing on a mobile device. So once they are upoloaded, they will be available for review and edit on your iPad. If during your review you identify images that you want to delete from Classic, simply flag them as rejected on the iPad. That reject flag will sync back to Classic, where you can then easily delete the rejected images. Once deleted from Classic, the images are automatically removed from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines