• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using current LR6 to reprocess old images

Participant ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been going back to reprocess images that I had previously worked on with earlier forms of LR. When I do so I have had to use the older LR adjustments. Is there a way to use my current LR6 panels rather than those available at the time I created the images?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

I guess someone who has Lightrroom 6 will have to help you. In Lightroom Classic, in the develop module, it's the bottom section in the right hand panel. It looks like this in Lightroom Classic:

Screenshot 2021-03-16 114216.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to the calibration section and change the process version to the latest version available. Lightroom 6. Or I believe there is a checkbox at the base of the histogram that will allow you to choose the current process version. I might be wrong on that one. I haven't used Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a checkbox under the histogram that says "Original Photo." Is that what needs to have a check?  I do not see where I need to go to find the calibration system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you'll have to go to the calibration section and ensure that you are using the most current version available to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not find the word "calibration" anywhere in LR. I went through the preferences and through each category. Where does one find the calibration system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess someone who has Lightrroom 6 will have to help you. In Lightroom Classic, in the develop module, it's the bottom section in the right hand panel. It looks like this in Lightroom Classic:

Screenshot 2021-03-16 114216.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears on my screen that only three years are listed, the most recent being 2012. There is no option to use  my current version. Despite that my current version worked on most of my older images but some of them reverted back to an earlier panel and I haven't been able to figure out why. But you have led me into an opportunity to experiment a bit with the older images and see if I can't correct the (minor) problem. Thank you very much.calibration-screen-shot-web.jpgcalibration-screen-shot-web.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, thanks again for the info; works fine. One more question: Is there a way to make the 2012 year the default in the calibration panel? Each time I work on an older image it is back in 2003 and I have to move it to 2012 to get the most recent set of adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If an image was last Developed in an older Process Version -

There will be a small lightning bolt icon under the Histogram in the Develop module.

You can [Click] on this icon and update ALL photos on the Filmstrip to the current Process Version. (That would be 2012 in your Lr)

ScreenShot013.jpg

ScreenShot014.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. Crystal clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines