• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Versions of a picture

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I know, that a picture has one or more versions other than I have to open the picture and check.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

No Michael, they're not talking about Stacks (and there is a Stacks feature in Lightroom, with a thumbnail indicator). They want to use the (relatively) new Versions feature in Lightroom which works similarly to the Snapshots feature in LrClassic, and then to be able to identify "at a glance" those images which have had versions created. Ideally by a badge on the grid thumbnails, like the Virtual Copy indicator in Classic. But sadly that indicator isn't available yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Not sure if I understand correctly, could you please elaborate and provide some more details about the issue?

Are you seeing duplicates of the image you're working on? When does it happen? While importing or viewing images?

Also, which version of Lightroom and the operating system you're working with? In Lightroom, you can check that by going to Help > System Info.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I am using the most recent version 3.4. When I use the "G" key to present an overview of pictures in an album I am looking for an indicator on a picture, which tells me, that there are versions behind the original; like you see the virtual copies in Lightroom classic. Instead I have to open an image with the "E" key and the check whether there are versions available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing like that in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are describing the "Stacks" feature, where (in Lightroom Classic) you can stack multiple images together, and expand or collapse the stack. As Jim Wilde says, there is nothing like that in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Michael, they're not talking about Stacks (and there is a Stacks feature in Lightroom, with a thumbnail indicator). They want to use the (relatively) new Versions feature in Lightroom which works similarly to the Snapshots feature in LrClassic, and then to be able to identify "at a glance" those images which have had versions created. Ideally by a badge on the grid thumbnails, like the Virtual Copy indicator in Classic. But sadly that indicator isn't available yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That‘s it

Grüßle, Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, right you are, Jim. I need to pay more attention to the new features as they arrive 🙂 Thanks for setting me straight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes. That was my point and my question. I really would like to see that feature in one of the next releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines