• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very frequent crashes during healing brushing on Mobile on IPAD Pro

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently have to kill and restart Lightroom when retouching. By frequently I mean every few minutes.The symptom is the app locking up and not responding. The app is really nice to work with for 5 minutes at a time. Most often this happens when resizing an image, but sometimes just at random. It always recovers fine when resta

Anyone else see this or similar? Is there anything I can do to stabilize it or is this par for the course?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are using the correct version? There is 'Adobe Lightroom for iPad' and 'Adobe Lightroom Photo Editor'. The latter will most like install on the iPad too, but is meant for the iPhone only.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the IPAD version, got it from the Apple store. Why am I getting
these errors when apparently no one else is? Something in the IPAD
settings? I find Safari a bit flaky too, but otherwise the IPAD runs fine.
--
Jeffrey Skinner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

could you give us some more info on what kind of brushing you're doing?
Heal/Clone or Selective edits?

Can you explain what you mean by resizing, do you mean cropping or zooming?

Are you brushing fast/slow, with or without stylus?
Exact iPad Pro version and iOS version would help too.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m at IOS 13.3.1, the latest. I just installed that and haven’t worked Lightroom in it yet. Previously I was at some prior version of IOS 13.

I’m using all the editing features, heal clone and selection tools, with a stylus most of the time. Speed depends on what I am doing.  Often fast when I have a lot of fill to do.

The usual trigger is resizing (zooming in/out) the subject with a pinch gesture (not talking about cropping). Lightroom seems to lose track of where it is and then the controls freeze and Lightroom has to be killed and restarted. This works 90% of the time, though 10% a second restart is required.

I really like this app. I hope my problems with it are temporary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be running into a bug, I've pinged you privately for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The videos exceed the 25 mb limit for attachments. Here is a link to it on
Google Drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I9V6Vzo1CnSm0XJioht8Rtk00J-0AI75/view?usp=drivesdk

In this case I did a zoom using pinch then applied the healing brush, with
fast strokes as you can see. Lightroom didn’t lock up, it presented another
failure mode that I’ve seen before: it just didn’t process the selection.
After some delay it carried on as if nothing happened.

A question: do I need to proceed more slowly applying the brush? In theory
Lightroom should handle it regardless of speed, maybe display the hourglass
until it catches up, but practically is Lightroom going to work better if
I slow down?
--
Jeffrey Skinner
(Personal information removed by Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have slowed down the tempo of my brushstrokes and the app has become much more stable. Please let me know what you find. Something is wrong with the way fast input is handled. It should be fixed so that it informs the user it is working to catch up. Also the app should not fail by locking up or losing inputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using healing for larger areas as in the video, it might be better to use larger strokes to avoid many small strokes. So if you have a larger brush, you don't need a lot of brushing. 
Meaning that you don't need to be fast.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw one more tip:
a good brush size would be around 75 for zoomed out brushing.
If you want to handle details its better to zoom in than change the brush size.
Unless you need a really thin one. But even so zooming in to max might still be better.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that zooming is a great solution since LR still frequently gets lost when resizing. And loses brush strokes when you get ahead of it. I'm not sure why it's so slow, from the users POV. whatever the reason, this app is still unstable, for me. Based on the workarounds it seems like  like my problems must be easily reproducible

So LR Mobile is only useable if you slow your tempo and restart the thing when it gets lost. Is this the best we can expect? Adobe has a deserved reputation for producing professional grade software. But for that you have to go to LR Classic. Is there any plan to bring LR Moble up to that standard? Workarounds should be temporary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My last word on this:

The performance of Mobile Lightroom  is not up to professional standards. I guess I'm late to the party The performance of Mobile Lightroom  is not up to professional standards. I guess I'm late to catch on and that this is an open secret. I wish Adobe could be straight about the capabilities of its products. The root problem is that it's so very very slow and when it can't keep up it doesn't fail gracefully. I can't get much creative flow happening  with so much wait  time. This may be partly due to the limitations my 1st generation IPad Pro.

I guess I'll head on back to Lightroom Classic. I assume the Pros are there already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use lightroom for ipad. when I try to use healing brush the app stops working. Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. If you look at the preceding thread it is clear that this is a standing problem and there is no plan to fix it. They don't even acknowledge it.  This is a quality issue and Adobe gets a failing grade. No other drawing app ( eg Rebelle, Procreate) has this problem. If you want pro quality,  go to the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff I am even getting it on the lightroom standard creative cloud version (not classic so essentionally the same piece of software) on the desktop (yes latest version) I tried to upgrade from my mac laptop to a super computer I built as I thought it was an issue with the CPU and ram etc but even with a state of the art build it still constantly freezes even with light healing brush work.  Turns out the laptop is fine and all along it was lightroom... Again like only a restart of the software works... would love to find an alternative piece of cataloging/editing software so if anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Richard! I am experiencing the same problem. I have specs that are more than capable to handle the program (Lightroom(not classic) but yet, I'm still getting an instant crash when clicking the band-aid or "
Healing Brush". This is an INSTANT crash every time. I also disabled gpu assistance with no prevail. If you find a solution can you please lmk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: It's 2022 & it's still not fixed. Having the EXACT same issue. It's just sad @ this point because editing on the iPad feels so refreshing as opposed to being locked in place at a desktop. So the fact they aren't even making an effort to solve this issue truly saddens me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines