Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Vignette disappears after opening photo

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom forgets my vignette settings when I set one, close the photo and open it again. It shows the correct edit for a short time and then sets the vignette back to 0.

I'm using version 6.1 from the Mac App Store. The bug is reproducible and happens all the time on all of my photos. It doesn't matter if the photo is currently being synced or not.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange! Can't reproduce the bug myself. LR 6.1 on Mac OS X Ventura.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional details: It works fine on the web and iOS. Pausing the sync in the macOS app doesn't help. Lightroom still forgets the vignette.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to reproduce it either. It might be worth resetting the Preferences, which is often a cure for strange issues:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom reset didn't help, but resetting the edits of the photo(s) did. I can retrigger the issue by applying the attached preset and setting a vignette. The vignette disappears after closing the photo and opening it again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
an hour ago an hour ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue as well. I can apply a vignette to all photos in an album, then when I go and view each photo and toggle to the original, it will set the vignette back to 0. Even using copy and paste, it usually doesn't apply the vignette settings. I have to paste twice to get the vignette settings to apply. It's like the first paste skips all of the effects settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines