• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (macOS) Lightroom Vignette disappears after opening another photo

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom forgets my vignette settings when I set one, close the photo and open it again. It shows the correct edit for a short time and then sets the vignette back to 0.

I'm using version 6.1 from the Mac App Store. The bug is reproducible and happens all the time on all of my photos. It doesn't matter if the photo is currently being synced or not.

{Thread title updated by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

This is reproducible at our end too. Changing status.
If you're facing the same issue, please add your upvote from the top of this page.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The October 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
41 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange! Can't reproduce the bug myself. LR 6.1 on Mac OS X Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional details: It works fine on the web and iOS. Pausing the sync in the macOS app doesn't help. Lightroom still forgets the vignette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to reproduce it either. It might be worth resetting the Preferences, which is often a cure for strange issues:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom reset didn't help, but resetting the edits of the photo(s) did. I can retrigger the issue by applying the attached preset and setting a vignette. The vignette disappears after closing the photo and opening it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well. I can apply a vignette to all photos in an album, then when I go and view each photo and toggle to the original, it will set the vignette back to 0. Even using copy and paste, it usually doesn't apply the vignette settings. I have to paste twice to get the vignette settings to apply. It's like the first paste skips all of the effects settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the daly, I obviously missed your last reply.

I've downloaded that preset and imported it into Lightroom, and after applying it to a few images I'm not seeing any erratic behaviour. The preset itself applies a vignette, but even if I modify that vignette I don't ever see it being reset back to the neutral 0 position.

If the prefs rteset didn't help I really don't know what else to suggest. We probably need someone from Adobe to weigh in on this issue, especially as there's now another user reporting the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm....after applying your preset, then switch between Original and back to the edited version, then I do see the vignette reset to zero. But that doesn't happen if I simply apply the vignette manually, not use the preset at all, the vignette remains as set manually. So it would appear to be related to that specific preset - I created a new preset which applies a vignette, applied it to a few images, toggled original and back, the vignette did NOT reset.

Is that preset one which you created, or was it purchased? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information about toggling to the Original and back, using that plus the preset supplied by @electerious I was able to see the vignette reset. But as I also noted, I don't see that happening if I apply the vignette manually or if I apply it via one of my own presets. How are you applying the vignette?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim Wilde Thanks for the reply. Any thoughts on my Copy and Paste issue? The first time I paste, it seems to apply all of the edits except for the vignette settings. Then once I paste a second time it adds in the vignette. Is that a setting somewhere? I couldn't find any reason for why it would be separating out the vignette from all of the other settings. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim Wilde Thanks for the reply. Any thoughts on my Copy and Paste issue? The first time I paste, it seems to apply all of the edits except for the vignette settings. Then once I paste a second time it adds in the vignette. Is that a setting somewhere? I couldn't find any reason for why it would be separating out the vignette from all of the other settings. Thanks!

By @FOF Productions

I'm afraid I'm not able to consistently reproduce that issue. So far, if I manually apply a vignette to an image, then copy and paste the edit settings from that image to a bunch of other images, I can't get the vignette to reset, even after toggling to original and back. However, I've just managed to get the vignette to reset after applying my own preset (including vignette) then toggling to original and back....but that's not consistent, or at least I haven't found the magic to make it consistent.

Irrespective of that, I do think there's enough information in this thread now to at least get Adobe to have a look.

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, are you able to get one of the team to have a look at this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested with the supplied preset and a reengineered copy of the preset and both perform correctly - either as preset application or as copy/paste settings. 

If there is a bug here, we don't have repeatable steps or an understanding of what is wrong or triggers the behavior.  There must be more to the story. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for looking. If I can find a reproducible set of steps I'll report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first time I paste, it seems to apply all of the edits except for the vignette settings. Then once I paste a second time it adds in the vignette.

By @FOF Productions

Can confirm that I'm having the same problem. When I apply the preset via copy & paste, I need to paste it twice to see the vignette applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm appling the vignette via the slider as shown in the video. Nothing special here.

1. Apply preset

2. Close photo

3. Open photo => Vignette disappears

4. Set vignette manually via edit panel

5. Close photo

6. Open photo => Vignette disappears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I'm doing:

1. Open a raw photo

2. Apply my preset wich includes a vignette

3. Close photo

4. Open photo => Vignette disappears

- I can consistenly reproduce the issue, even after a restart and after resetting Lightroom settings, but it only happens on macOS

- It's a Sony a6000 raw, but the bug also happens on iPhone ProRaws. It doesn't seem to matter which camera.

- Pausing the sync doesn't help

- The vignette doesn't appear in the preview when hovering the preset. I've attached another video. You can see how the vignette applies just when I apply the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just discovered that I can also make the vignette disappear by just hovering across a different preset. Here's a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Let's see the bux fixes in the next updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Issue still exists. It makes Lightroom almost unusable as every photo I open loses its vignette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue still exists in the new Lightroom 6.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue still exists in LR 6.3.1 (from AppStore).

Pressing "." to show the Original foto, resets the Vignette slider to 0.

100% reproducable on my machines with differnet macOS versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My vignettes have started to disappear too. VERY frustrationg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It’s very troublesome, so I hope it will be resolved soon.

Also, do you know which version does not cause this phenomenon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue for over 6 months now, and reported it back in December 2022.  I've tried creating a new preset, and various other recommended fixes from this thread and another one, and nothing fixes it.  Every time I toggle between the original and edited photo, the Vignette resets to 0.  It's so frustrating!  I keep thinking that Adobe will fix this and one day it will just stop being a problem when a new update is released, but so far, nothing has changed for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is reproducible at our end too. Changing status.
If you're facing the same issue, please add your upvote from the top of this page.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate