• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Waiting for settings error” after creating version in Lightroom version 8.2.2.

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using lightroom mobile version 8.2.2. on an iPhone 13 Pro.

I tried to create a version of an edited picture in order to be able to revert back to it. My plan was to edit the picture specifically for print, then revert back to the version I created.

immediately after creating the version I encountered a "waiting on settings" error.

Trying to relaunch the lightroom app or phone won't help. 
The error message states: 

This photo is missing settings from "iPhone" on 29 Mar 2023 at

11:37:21 that need to be downloaded before it can be edited.

I am using the same phone.

I am afraid to reset the picture as i would loose my edit.

I already created a test print with my lab, and the point was to adjust the current edit, to improve the print. If i need to reset, the whole exercise was for nothing.

When I look at the thumbnail view, the edit is still applied!

Please help me get this edit back!

949B12FB-60BF-43BA-8371-7D9711651FD2.png

228B8FE5-BADF-4107-A8FD-33FB07551BD2.jpeg

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @alex_zetti 

Please accept our apologies for the trouble.  I asked the team about this, and this is due to a bug that is now fixed in LR ioS 8.2.2.  Unfortunately, the bug fix does not repair affected images like yours.  The problem will no occur with new images/edits going forward.

I'm not sure what to recommend to troubleshoot your current image, but let me make a couple suggestions.

Do you also use Lightroom for Mac or PC?  If so, I wonder if you can try 'Duplicate Photo'.  Please be sure to update the app the latest version first.  Does the duplicated photo allow edits, or does it have the same error?

If that doesn't work, are you able Copy Edit Settings and paste them on the duplicated photo?  Alternatively, can you try creating a new Preset with the settings you have applied on your edited photo?  While these options won't preserve healing and masking edits, I wonder if it might at least help you restore some of the edits later if there is no other option than to Reset the image per that error message.

If I can find another other suggestions, I will share them here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines