• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark not showing up on exported photos, Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My watermark (when checked as an option in Lightroom CC) would always appear on my photos.  Now when I am exporting (and checking the watermark option) it is not appearing on my exported images. This was never a problem before.  Can someone help?  I need to be able to export with my watermark for my business.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

The problem is that this is a user to user forum, so you're not talking with Adobe, just another user like you. If you specifically want to talk to Adobe, you'll need to try their tech support, or post at the official feedback site where some Adobe staff make an appearance (though you're just as likely to get me or someone like me over there). The site is here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnnaroseM,

Please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you are using now? Are you using Lightroom CC Or Lightroom Classic CC?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

I have both LR CC & LR Classic CC and tried it on both platforms. Neither would export my photos with my watermark. This has never been a problem before.

Annarose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRCC (desktop version) doesn't have a watermark capability yet, so that would explain why you don't see it when you export from there.

LR Classic does, however, so to figure out why it's not happening on your system, start by confirming that your export settings haven't been changed, i.e. check to make sure that the Watermark check box in the Watermarking section of the Export dialog is still checked.

Assuming it is, can you tell us if the Watermark that you're trying to apply is text or graphical or both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I have both LR CC & LR Classic CC. It doesn’t work in either of the programs. I am checking the box and familiar with LR and the export module. Below are screenshots from each program & my logo (which has always worked before).

I look forward to your help!

Annarose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid your screenshots didn't appear, can you try again? One thing, you need to add them using a web browser, they can't be attached using email.

One other thing, there's still some confusion here about the versions that you're trying to use. LR Classic is fine, but LR CC is the old name that's been given to the new cloud-centric application (which doesn't have a watermark feature as yet). So I'm assuming that by LR CC you mean LR CC2015, is that right?

Also, you didn't answer my question about the type of watermark you're using: text or graphic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Basically, the screenshots were to show you that I have the box checked when exporting. I have both LR CC & LR Classic CC. Neither will now export my logo on the photos.

My logo is a graphic designed by a designer and has text within it (Palentino & Calibri Light) with a simple design at the top. I imported the jpegs of my logos a year ago. I have used this logo in all it’s variations (light grey, dark grey and white) with no problem for over a year now. It has just recently stopped working.

Is there anyway you can just check my system to find out what the problem is? Is this the only customer service available from Adobe? It is just that I need speedier assistance and direct trouble-shooting.

Hopefully, your next email will be the solution. Also, if there is direct customer service from Adobe with someone I can speak to real time, I would appreciate you sending that my way.

I look forward to your response with hopefully, a solution.

Thanks,

Annarose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that this is a user to user forum, so you're not talking with Adobe, just another user like you. If you specifically want to talk to Adobe, you'll need to try their tech support, or post at the official feedback site where some Adobe staff make an appearance (though you're just as likely to get me or someone like me over there). The site is here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

One thing you could check is that the logo jpegs are still in the same location as they were when you set them up (try creating a test watermark using the same logo to ensure that the system can locate it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

You may have just hit on it! I recently moved all my office files from my hard drive to Dropbox, which included my logos. Let me try that!

I very much appreciate your time and let me see if this fixes it.

Annarose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank you for your suggestion to put my graphic style watermarks in the same location as when I created the the watermark. I created my original watermark from a graphic file located on a thumb drive. When I removed the thumb drive the watermark no longer appeared on my exported images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

I am having the same problem with my Water mark. I have been using Light room clasic since 2013 and never had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Adobe Employees never help anything. You just ask what version people are using and then you ghost them. Thank you to the ones who ACTUALLY help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the one time payed LR 6 and have found that not all fonts is supported. f.i. I used Forte, which is not supported any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question, but I just used the text  option in Lightroom Classic, and it didn't work on my photo's a few randomly got it saved but 98% didn't have it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, SO much for this info! I have struggled w this problem for months and didn't realize I moved the logo files around while reorganizing my desktop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same issue, it is quite bit simple, while exporting the file, you have an option "watermark" enable it and the next dropdown list select your custom watermark, export and done. i hope it helps you. it did work for me and i am using an desktop version cc 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have the same problem. However I noticed that the watermark actually does show up on the exported file, just not on the LR thumbnail within the program itself. When I look at the file in Finder or Photoshop the watermark is there. So it exists on the real file just not on the LR thumbnail. I'm using LR Classic 10.1.1 desktop version. This is definitely an Adobe problem and I wish they would monitor these customer forums and pay some attention to fixing them. Best luck in your search for a solution as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I know this question is suuuper old but hopefully it can help someone else! I'm in a rush trying to quickly edit some wedding photos for another company so decided to add my watermark. Half of them show my watermark, but some don't and I'm stressed for time as it is!! But just saw that the position settings matter for every single photo. For example, a vertical photo with a watermark positioned at the bottom left will show for the vertical photos. But if you're trying to export vertical photos and horizontal photos at the same time the water mark won't show on the horizontal photos, and it will be positioned outside of the photo exactly where you positioned it on the verticals!! I hope you can make some sense out of this as I'm rambling a bit, just position the watermark on every photo individually and export every photo individually! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, a vertical photo with a watermark positioned at the bottom left will show for the vertical photos. But if you're trying to export vertical photos and horizontal photos at the same time the water mark won't show on the horizontal photos, and it will be positioned outside of the photo exactly where you positioned it on the verticals!!

That's odd....I just tried that with a mix of portrait and landscape format images, and the watermark was positioned correctly on each of the output images. I tried with a text watermark, and a graphics watermark, and they both worked correctly on every image, regardless of orientation. That was using the Lightroom desktop app (version 4.3). Perhaps you could post a screenshot of your watermark settings to see if we can spot what the issue might be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the top photo I am trying to add a water mark to. The one below is from when I frist started using lightroom 2013

39422_1607321596326_6009433_n.jpg

1795806_614162625323654_988680881_o.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2013 you were possibly using Lightroom v5 (stand-alone).

What Version NUMBER are you using now?

Watermarks presets were (and still are) defined in the Watermark Editor that is still the same in Lightroom-Classic v10.4.

If you are selecting a Preset that is not working for Exported files (and they need to be JPG or TIFF) then try re-editing the Watermark in the WM Editor.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this question, but then figured it out. In lightroom classic, watermarking is an export option, so even if you have created a watermark, you have to make sure to check watermarking on export.

I was expecting it to happen automagically, because I thought it had to be applied per image and I thought I had done that, but it's not applied until export, so scroll down in your export settings, and you should see "watermarking" under the "Metadat" settings. Now that I know, it makes sense hahaha 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread that is not about Lightroom Classic. . It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines