• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does Alt+Spot removal do?

Explorer ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a long time user of LR Classic, but noticed the other day that when I am using the Spot Removal tool and hit the Alt key the cursor changes to scissors, but I can't work out what it does or how I should use it. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

The 'scissors' icon will 'cut out' remove any existing healing spot.

Hold [Alt] -Click on the spot to remove the adjustment.

You will need the spot overlays visible. [H] to toggle visibility, or select from the Tool Overlay: menu on the Tool Bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'scissors' icon will 'cut out' remove any existing healing spot.

Hold [Alt] -Click on the spot to remove the adjustment.

You will need the spot overlays visible. [H] to toggle visibility, or select from the Tool Overlay: menu on the Tool Bar.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks WobertC. It's obvious now. I've also only just discovered that clicking and then holding the Shift key down as click away makes the Spot remover edit all between those two clicks. There's always something new to learn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the [Click...Shift+Click] function is great for removing powerlines from the sky, etc. Not as good as Photohop's Content Aware Fill though.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to get rid of the scissors?  I can't seem to figure out how to get it to go back to the normal circle that I can adjust the size of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot emulate what you are seeing. I only ever see the scissors icon when holding down the [ALT] key.

The Spot Healing Brush circle is changed in size by the square brackets, or the mouse scroll wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines