• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happens to my photo's in LR after I complete my school education?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I still use my photo's I added to LR with my school profile via my private profile after my school education?

Reason of my question: 

I am new to LR and used it from July 2023 to August 2023. I had the "Adobe LR 1TB" subscription linked to my account (norman-x@provider-y.be) . In September 2023 I started a photograpers evening course. I stopped my private subscription and subscribed to the Academic Software subscription - Creative Cloud".
When logging on to my account norman-x@provider-y.be I can now chose from 2 profiles
1) "Academic Software - Onderwijs Vlaanderen" (Organization name)
2) "Personal profile" (my previous subscription that I stopped but probably need to reuse after my education?)

And here why I am worried:
Once I complete or terminate my education and I am not eligable anymore to the "Academic Software subscription - Creative Cloud" and go back to my private profile, what will happen to my photo's I added in the era of my school profile?

Who can calm me down?
Regards,
Norman

TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest (TBM limited K) you download your photos from the Academic subscription before it expires, otherwise your photos in that account may become unavailable after a period of time.

Two methods-

1) Export/Share each photo from 'Academic'  Lightroom as [Original+Settings] to your hard-drive. Then Import/Add them to your "Personal" Lightroom.

2) In your Academic profile- Use the downloader app-  DOWNLOAD CLOUD PHOTOS  Then Import/Add to your "Personal" Lightroom.

I am unaware if it is possible for Adobe (by a chcat request) to merge your Libraries into the Personal subscription.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob, I thank you for shining your light on my question. I have stored the solutions you provide in my personal knowledge base and use one of them when required.
I remain worried and will be reliefed when I get the confirmation Adobe can merge or transfer LR assets from one profile to another, or best way: connect one user profile to another at the end of your academic journey.
Why does Adobe advocate about their "Academic" discount plan without a solid solution to transfer assets (without a user download and re-upload).
I can't be the sole soul on earth in this scenario?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I managed to talk to Adobode Support over the phone.
And I learned:
When I end my school which implies I am not entitled to the Academic Software subscription anymore, then next subscribe again to a private LR plan and ask my school administartor to transfer my photo's from the school era to my new personal subscription Adobe is able and will transfer my photo's to my new private subscription without me having to export-import photo's.
Great service of a great company!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines