• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When editing a picture on Lightroom 4.1, it won't be properly saved

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it goes: Just before Christmas I purchased the so called "Photography Plan" package. Since then it keeps losing a lot of adjustments when I edit my ARW files!

It will sometimes even not show me what I've just have edited, when I'll just minimize the programm! Other times closing the programm and reopening it later that day is enough to lose all adjustments I've made on (at least) one image! And I still have more than enough Cloud Storage free (around 40% when writing this)

Is there any explanation to this? I've had the old version of Lightroom til then (from when someone could just buy it / without updates) and have never experienced any of this! Do I have to always export the files before I dare to even minimize it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you took the Photography plan, then you are using the wrong version of Lightroom. Although the Photography plan also includes 'Lightroom' (as a kind of trial, with 20 GB cloud space), this plan is first and foremost the plan for Lightroom Classic. That is the predecessor of  'the old Lightroom' that you could buy with a perpetual license.

There is a bug in Lightroom 4, where edits are lost if you quit the application with the edited image still open. The work around is to first switch back to grid view, or select another image, before you quit.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the information. Didnt know about this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines