• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when i convert my image to DNG it adds color

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i am trying to convert RAF files to DNG so i can process them on my phone but when i use the Adobe' s DNG converter with my Black and White images, it adds color out of nowhere. I dont want that to happen, i am using a Windows 10 Machine and in Image previews on Win10's gallery app it also adds color and stuff. I dont want that to happen.

And also it lowers my File Resolution from 6000x4000 to 1024x683  (which i also dont want aswell.) If i can get quick help since i really have to deliver these photos to a customer. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try to explain in my understanding!

RAF and DNG are both 'raw' file types.

'raw' files always, always, contain the data of the three color channels RGB.

I suggest your RAF B&W images are 'raw' data with the Monochrome 'flag' set in the metadata by the camera.

The conversion to DNG raw may not be honouring the B&W flag and simply rendering the RGB color data.

However it is very easy to edit the DNG files in Lightroom Apps with a simple conversion to B&W. (In Lightroom-Classic it is a keyboard [V] press). In Lightroom v4.3 there is a [B&W] button or a large selection of Monochrome Profiles to select from.

The change of Pixel Dimensions to 1024x684 is more worrying. So are you Exporting to DNG with a Resize option set?

The Adobe DNG Converter App might only Resize if you have set the "Lossy DNG" option.

Are you sure you are converting the original RAF image file and not a thumbnail image of some kind?

Show us some screen-clips of your procedural methods.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines