• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I shared an album with clients, is there a way to share full resolution AND web size photos?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an event photography client who wants the full resolution files but also web size version (around 1200px on the long edge).

Currently what I do is make an album in Lightroom and I shared that with the "Allow JPG downloads" checked.

Is there a simple way to also share a web size verison of this album? Currently I've been exporting to Google Drive and sharing a link but I've started to run into issues where, I think, people not logged into Google can't download all the photos at once.

Please tell me there's a way to share full resolution and web size of a specific album.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's just really silly there isn't some way to let the user choose which size they want to download. Hopefully I'm just missing some obvious option in the album...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could share a second album with the smaller files. No simple solution I'm aware of. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For basic access (when you set 'Anyone Can view', or invite specific people with Can View rights), and when people view those shared albums in via web browser, I think Melissa is right that there's no better solution.

One workaround that could be less than ideal for you: 

Invite specific people via email addresses to join your album with Can Edit rights.  

I believe this gives access to the full size image (if you have uploaded original images, and not just Smart Previews from Lightroom Classic).  People you give Can Edit access can edit and export images at the original resolution as long as the original image exists in cloud storage.

I do think there's a running thread in the Ideas channel for Lightroom here to enable full res download for basic guest viewers as well.  As always, product mgmt reviews such feedback and weighs it against new features and important fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines