• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When Photos are deleted they just gray out but don't go away. Lr then locks up and I can't export.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

After photos are attempted to be deleted, im not able to continue to edit or export.

I then have to open activity monitor and force quit Lr.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. I’ll need a little more information to help you with this issue.

Could you please share the exact version of the operating system version you are working on? Are you deleting synced images from the desktop and clearing them out from the deleted section? Have you tried deleting images one at a time, or does it still grey out when deleting in a batch? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

In Adobe Lightroom, please share the screenshot of the following options as shown below from Preferences.

SameerK_0-1650477241107.png

If you delete the images from Lightroom, they are not permanently deleted. Images go to the deleted section and stay there and on the local storage for the next 60 days unless you permanently delete them. Please review and ensure that you wish to delete these images. If they are permanently deleted, it is irreversible.

Please log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to check current Sync issues on the left part of the screen.

SameerK_2-1650477241146.png

If there are any sync issues, click on them to know more, find the original for those images, and back them up safely before you empty the Sync issues from Lightroom Web.

You can delete photos on the Lightroom Web and let us know the results.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Monterey 12.3.1

Im know the images go to the deleted folder but as circled in my previous attachment, they dont delete and it basically locks up my Lr app and i cant do anything else. I then have to even pull up activity monitor to force quit Lr. I dont have any shown sync issues either. It does the same whether i delete a single photo or batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happens when i attempt to export.

Did this for around 10 mins before i cancled. 

Then when i force quit and reopen, all my edits are reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am facing the same issue 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines