• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Lightroom have all the options of Lightroom Classic?

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been noticing that there are tools I could use from Lightroom Classic that aren't present in Lightroom. Should I uninstall Lightroom and just use Lightroom Classic? Or will Lightroom eventually have the same capabilities as Lightroom Classic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody knows if it eventually will have all the features.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are features in Lightroom Classic that you feel are essential to your workflow then you probably ought to be using Lightroom Classic. It isn't clear what features will actually be added to Lightroom. Lightroom is being developed completely independently from Lightroom Classic. I am not a software developer and have no connections whatsoever with the development team. I don't know what limitations are imposed or what complications arise when considering integration of integrating the Internet into the entire process as well as synchronizing across multiple platforms. Lightroom is what it is, and evolves as it can. You will have to decide for yourself what your own individual needs are and which version is best fills those needs. Personally, I prefer using Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also started using the new Lightroom and now prefer using it now as it's easy to use.  Just missing some features like Catalog and rename files.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The features that are not present in Lightroom are features that you are missing, but they are not missing from Lightroom because they were never part of the program. Lightroom is being developed completely independently from Lightroom Classic. It is not and should not be considered a remake of the "old" Lightroom. The two programs are being developed completely separately from each other. Just because a feature exists in one doesn't necessarily mean it will ever be part of the other. Nor does it mean that it won't be part of the other version sometime in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing wrong with new features that are useful, too.  Like to export multiple Albums with folder naming support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines