• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will there be a Windows 11 version of Lightroom Downloader app?

Contributor ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the Adobe Lightroom Download app on my Windows 10 PC (ref https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html).

This app is still at version 1.0, has not been updated for a year, and comes with a warning that it won't work with Windows 11. Does anyone know if and when a Windows 11 compatible version will be released?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

The UK version of the Adobe Lightroom Downloader app page was updated on 20 October. It now states that the app will work on "Windows 10 or higher".

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't understand exactly what you're seeing.

first, is this lightroom classic or lightroom cc.  and exactly which version? (open your lightroom > click help > about lightroom).

p.s. both lightrooms are compatible with win 11, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not talking about any version of Lightroom. My question refers to the Adobe Lightroom Downloader app.

The link I quoted in my OP accidentally included a bracket at the end. Here is the correct link:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm sorry.  my misunderstanding.

i honestly know nothing about the lightroom downloader.  i'm going to move this thread to the lr classic forum where lr experts might have more to say about his.

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Downloader app is for the cloud version of Lightroom.

This forum is for Lightroom Classic, the non-cloud version.

@kglad or another moderator will move this thread to the Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from lr classic>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Downloader file was updated earlier this year to work with Windows 11. Make sure you grab the latest copy to ensure compatibility. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

Are you saying that the version I downloaded earlier today is already Windows 11 compatible, even though the link I quoted above clearly states that it is not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the UK site page is out of date: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just noticed myself that the USA version of that page didn't contain the incompatibility warning.

The app I downloaded is at Version 1.0.5-20220504.116-64f8d2b. Is that the up to date version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The UK version of the Adobe Lightroom Downloader app page was updated on 20 October. It now states that the app will work on "Windows 10 or higher".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines