• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where has the save button gone from Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where has the save button gone from the file menu in Lightroom CC? It's takinig me so much longer to save my photos and my workflow has slowed down so much.

Can you revert to previous versions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now  Export and has lots of new options in Lightroom v3 released yesterday. See if my YouTube video helps.

The New Export Dialog in Lightroom for Saving & Sharing Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for this. I did see the export function but it seems to be slower and take more clicks to save a photo than it did before. I don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, its a pain in the butt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before reverting to the previous version see if you like any of the other new features.

Fast Drag & Drop Import Picking & Rating

In App Learning & Inspiration

Create Wall Art, Framed Prints & Photo Books from Your Cloud Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure I will do and I'll grow to learn the new way. I was just in the middle of a project which needs to be finished today.

Do you know if there is a way to revert to the prevous version while I finish it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Creative Cloud if you click updates on the left and then click the three dots menu top-right you should be able to choose previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just an 'Unintall' option. The other apps have the previous verion option but not Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you choose to uninstall the previous version while installing Lightroom 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but I think it does this automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you have never used Lightroom Classic. Those who have "graduated" from Classic to Lightroom for the cloud have requested the export features that have just been added. If you take a little time to acquaint yourself with the new features, I think you will appreciate the added flexibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm all for adding features. Just not when it takes away one which I have used so much. It now take me twices as long, if not longer to save locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I primarily use Classic myself. But what little I use Lightroom for the cloud, I really appreciate the export function that has just been added. I'm sorry that you feel differently. I think you will find that your dislike for the new functionality will be greatly in the minority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be good for some but if it's taking me the same time to do 1 photo when previously I'd have been able to do 5 then it's not really fit for my purposes any longer. So disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry you feel that way. As I indicated previously, I'm certain you are in the extreme minority with your feelings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you've had the chance to survey every user!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not surveyed every user. I have only read the comments that have been made on the forum over the last several months. I don't want to argue. I'm sorry that you don't like the feature the way it is. On the main screen of this forum, on the right-hand side, there is a link to provide product feedback. That is a link to the forum where the developers monitor more closely. Since you feel as strongly as you do about this feature, go to that link and express your feelings. This is a user to user forum. I am only a user and have no influence whatsoever on decisions made at Adobe. I have no connection to Adobe. Voice your opinion where it might have some influence, and see if it makes a difference. I have told you what I think, and that's all I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be in this minority too.  I HATE the new export function.  It more than doubles the time by adding additional unnecessary keystrokes.  Do I understand the export function? Yes.  But I'd much rather have the quick Save to button as well.  Maybe there's a way to export multi0ple photos at the same time saving you all the individual keystrokes.  I haven't explored enough to find that out.  But as for now, I'm right there with you, photographybydnp!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your favorite settings as a new preset, then it will only be one click from now on.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a rude smug comment...I also HATE the changes, I agree with the original poster it takes me 3 times as long to export as it did to simply click SAVE and be done.  It's ridiculous, and seems like a couple of you, because it's fine for you, are being condescending to someone who isn't accustomed to the changes.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crickey! How hard can it be?  (assuming using Lightroom-Desktop)

Select multiple photos,

[Ctrl+Shift+E]   or two mouse clicks [File>Export]

Click the blue [Export] button top right.

Settings are 'sticky' so options remain for any future Exports (Saves).

So select 100 photos- Export (Save) with three mouse clicks!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not that it is hard, it's very simple, but it is time consuming on my particular computer, don't know if it's lighting speeds for all the rest of you, but apparently at least a few people here are all having the same issue...TIME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the share button top-right? You can choose a jpeg preset e.g. small or large to export with just one further click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the save to button has changed to the Export to in lightroom cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines