• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my icloud/whatsapp photos appearing in Lightroom?!?!

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open Lightroom, my most recent iphone photos are showing up in there, taking up space.  Whatsapp photos are also showing up in Lightroom.  I have not given Lightoom permission or access to these photos, and I did not import them, and I don't know how they are being added to Lightroom.  How do I turn this off?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Do you use the Lightroom Mobile app on your iPhone? If so, there is a setting which enables new Camera Roll images to be automatically added to the LrMobile app, it sounds as though you have that option enabled. If that's not what you want, go to LrMobile's Settings>Import tab and disable the appropriate options there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the Lightroom Mobile app on your iPhone? If so, there is a setting which enables new Camera Roll images to be automatically added to the LrMobile app, it sounds as though you have that option enabled. If that's not what you want, go to LrMobile's Settings>Import tab and disable the appropriate options there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim, that is indeed what was happening.  Somehow the mobile app started syncing with my camera roll.  And the desktop app was already set to sync with the mobile app.  This resulted in my camera roll photos being in both the mobile app as well as on my computer.   I stopped the mobiel app from syncing with my camera roll, but allowed the mobile app to coninue to sync witht he desktop app, and have started the process of deleting thousands of photos from the ligthroom app.  That should do it.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines