• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is lightroom taking up 40 gigs for 121 photos on my ipad?

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to clear up some space on my ipad, and so i went through and deleted a bunch of photos, cleared the cache, and restarted my ipad, but it's still saying lightroom is taking up 40 gigs? How do i fix this, the ipad is my main editing platform, and i have some stuff that's gonna take up a bunch of space to edit, that i will not be able to load onto my ipad if lightroom is arbitrarily taking up that much space

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, why does it store the photo's within the app? It just seems like it's making things more complicated for no reason. I'd like to use lightroom to edit my raw images, and when i am done editing them, store them on an external harddrive without taking up uneeded space on my local ipad drive. You could do this in 2010, why can't you do this on 2021 on a vastly more powerful device? It just feels like the programmers at adobe are doing the best they can to justify their paychecks without justifying their paychecks with productivity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C131DC07-DBC8-4DB3-BCC1-C194F29F29EB.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do i fix this?! This is pure madness. I just want to edit my photos, i don't want whatever bloatware lightroom forced me to get that costs 36 gigs. This is unnacceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines