• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Lightroom (iOS) is showing 100GB while the images stored is 50GB?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why LR on my iPhone is 100 GB while images in my iPhone camera roll are just 50 GB ? Should I remove the app and install it again ? Is there any risk to lose images in my camera roll ? Thank you , Valeria 

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for reaching out. Which version of Lightroom are you using? Where are the images located?

Lightroom cloud storage is a different space than Creative Cloud online storage.  See the Lightroom app's settings to confirm how much storage you have for Lightroom syncing. 

Yes, you can try reinstalling the application, but be sure all your files are synced. Log on to Lightroom web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) and check if all the assets are correctly synced before re-installing the application.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha and Chatlie , thank you for your reply . I have an iPhone 12Pro and the latest version of Lightroom mobile is installed . My cloud Storage is full ( plan with 20 GIGA  available ) but I am

nit interested in a better plan and more sync as I have already a plan with Apple Cloud of 1 Tera , so I dont need a double Storage for the images in my camera roll : all of them are already saved in a daily back up with Apple . My iPhone has a memory of 256 GB , what I find weird is that most of it is taken by LR mobile ( 100 GB) , while my Photos ( already saved in Apple Cloud) need just 50GB .  I would like keep my Photos only on Apple Cloud , and occasionally import one of them in LR mobile for post production , no need of all this sync .and double Storage   I already worked on the cache , but LR is still 100 GB . For sure there are inside LR mobile a few images not any more present in my camera roll, but they are useless . I dont know how get rid of this amount of images on LR mobile (100 GB  vs 50 GB in my camera roll ) . Thank you , Valeria 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Roll and Lightroom mobile are two entirely different things from different manufacturers. Lightroom can import from the camera roll, but then it will create a copy in its own image space. And it can export to the camera roll, but again that means it creates a copy. Bottom line: you cannot use Lightroom without using Adobe Creative Cloud space, thinking you can use Apple iCloud instead. That is not how it works.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Valeria262270416vcs 

Just to add to what Ranjisha said, please try Clear Cache in our app settings before you uninstall the app.  I see that your cloud storage is full.  That means you can import many more images into your LR app, but these new images Will Not Sync because you are out of cloud storage space.  If you delete the app, then you risk losing images that exist only inside Lightroom if they are not also on your camera roll.

To sync newer images, you will either need to subscribe to a different plan with more cloud storage, or you will need to delete images that are also synced to cloud storage.  Using the Lightroom Web app at https://lightroom.adobe.com/ will show you the photos that are already synced to the cloud, and if you want to free up space this web app may be the easiest way to clean out unwanted images.

If you want to sync all 50 GB of images, you will need to change to a different Lightroom plan.  This page shows plan options and prices: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html

If you need help changing plans, please contact Adobe Support: 

Using a browser that allows popups and cookies, open https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
and in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT

I hope this info helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha and Charlie , thank you for your reply . I have an iPhone 12Pro and the latest version of Lightroom mobile is installed . My cloud Storage is full ( plan with 20 GIGA  available ) but I am

nit interested in a better plan and more sync as I have already a plan with Apple Cloud of 1 Tera , so I dont need a double Storage for the images in my camera roll : all of them are already saved in a daily back up with Apple . My iPhone has a memory of 256 GB , what I find weird is that most of it is taken by LR mobile ( 100 GB) , while my Photos ( already saved in Apple Cloud) need just 50GB .  I would like keep my Photos only on Apple Cloud , and occasionally import one of them in LR mobile for post production , no need of all this sync .and double Storage   I already worked on the cache , but LR is still 100 GB . For sure there are inside LR mobile a few images not any more present in my camera roll, but they are useless . I dont know how get rid of this amount of images on LR mobile (100 GB  vs 50 GB in my camera roll ) . Thank you , Valeria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valeria

I recommend you disable Auto Import in Lightroom, in the app settings.  And then to free up space, you could delete all the images in Lightroom that you don't need to exist in the app.  If Clear Cache didn't help, that tells me that Lightroom has many of your original images imported into its app cache, and it can't clear them because it can't sync due to limited space.  If you reinstall the app as my teammate Ranjisha suggested, it would be hard to predict what images will remain in Lightroom.  (again, checking out what's synced to your account by visiting our web app will show you).  If it doesn't matter what images survive the reinstall, then Ranjisha's advice will help you.  If you ever need new images to sync in the future, then I recommend clearing out some of the existing files already backed up to your 20 GB cloud storage.

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charlie , thank you for your suggestions . As my use of LR cc is occasional  for post production of images taken with iPhone ( I mostly use LR classic installed on my Mac to postproduce images taken with my camera) , I first disabled  Auto Import in Lightroom, in the app settings.  And then to free up space, I  deleted most of  the images in Lightroom  I don't need to exist in the app.  Not interested in Sync as I always  save a copy in my camera roll and all of them go to the Apple Cloud . Thanks again . Valeria 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines