Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Windows 10 HDR mode breaks Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two monitors connected to my PC. Both are connected with display port cables.

One of them is an older 1920x1200 monitor running at 60hz.

The other one is a 4K HDR GSync compatible monitor that runs at 120Hz.

I have an NVidia 1070 video card with the latest drivers, and all Adobe apps are GPU accellerated.

If Lightroom CC is on the old monitor, it works perfectly fine. As soon as I drag it over to the new 4K monitor, the interface lags, it flickers constantly, and becomes completely unusable. However, if I go into the Windows display settings there is a setting for the new monitor "use HDR". If I turn this setting off, then Lightroom CC works absolutely perfectly on the new monitor. The old monitor doesn't have that setting, so HDR is always off on that monitor.

Please update Lightroom CC so that it works properly when it is on an HDR monitor in Windows 10.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just want to say that this is still a problem on Windows 11. Lightoom CC performance is significantly diminished when the window is on a monitor that has HDR enabled. It's basically unusable. Please fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines