• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow with Nikon Z5 and Lightroom Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon all! Whelp, this is my first post here and I'm hoping to draw from the experience of those that have gone before me!

I've shot for years using an old school workflow, Nikon D800, memory card reader, import into Lightroom Classic, process, and share via whatever means I choose... but now, my life situation has changed, I have a family now (small kids) and no time to do things the slow and methodical way I used to... haha.

I'm shooting with a Nikon Z5 now and currently use Snapbridge to import the photos (jpeg) directly into my iPhone Photos. From there, I select photos that need processing and send them to Lightroom Mobile. I make my edits and export them back to my iPhone Camera Roll.

Here's what I love: I LOVE being able to shoot with my Nikon and almost instantly import the photos onto my mobile device (wirelessly) for processing or sharing.

Here's what annoys me: I don't like having duplicate pictures that I have to clean up in my iPhone Photos-- the original (unedited) picture and the edited photo exported from Lightroom Mobile. Sometimes edits are subtle and difficult to identify without carefully examining the pictures... but moreover, it just seems like an unnecessary clean-up step that I wish I could eliminate from my process.

Can anyone share with me your mobile process or how to streamline mine?

Thanks very much!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile & Apple TV Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can purchase a Lightning to SD card reader (or USB-C one to iPad Pro I guess) and import directly into Lightroom Mobile: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/using/import-mobile-ios.html#direct_import

Apple sell one, but I have a third-party one for a fraction of the price.

The photos will then sync to the Cloud (if you have subscription) and download to Classic if you you have sync turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines