• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working in Both Lightroom and Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom Classic and decided to try out the cloud version of Lightroom (again). I understand that Lightroom stores all the files in the cloud but storing my images in the cloud permanently is not something that I am ready to do. That said, I might want to use Lightroom in cases when I want to do some editing on my iPad. Is there a way to transfer portions of the Lightroom Classic catalog to and from Lightroom? That is to work in Lightroom and then export the changes to Lightroom Classic.

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Hi Mike,

If you work in Lightroom Classic, you can designate Collections to sync with the cloud, and you can view and work on these with your iPad. On the iPad, you'd be working with Smart Previews, but any edits you make would be synced back to your desktop the next time you launch Lightroom Classic. Your originals are always stored locally along with your Lightroom Classic catalog, and the cloud is only for Smart Previews synced up from your LrC catalog.

You can refer to this page for more

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

If you work in Lightroom Classic, you can designate Collections to sync with the cloud, and you can view and work on these with your iPad. On the iPad, you'd be working with Smart Previews, but any edits you make would be synced back to your desktop the next time you launch Lightroom Classic. Your originals are always stored locally along with your Lightroom Classic catalog, and the cloud is only for Smart Previews synced up from your LrC catalog.

You can refer to this page for more details about setting up and using this process:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michael,

Thank you. I got things started and I'll see how the syncing works.

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines