Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Ecosystem

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

I mainly work with Lightroom CC (Lightroom mobile to be more precise). I migrated some years ago my complete catalog from LrC to Lr, with the storage of original RAW files on the cloud.

However, I may use LrC for some specific applications such as the new AutoDenoise function. The fact is that when using this function, a new .dng file will be created, but only the smart-preview will be uploaded to the cloud. 

My question is, is there a way to automatically migrate this new .dng file to the cloud (or at least a simple manual method that doesn't need to migrate the complete LrC catalog)?

Thanks in advance

Fred

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Fred146. Welcome to the Lightroom Community. This behavior is as expected & we currently can not set Lightroom to sync the DNG in full size.

The denoise feature is also available on Lightroom Desktop v6.3. Try this:

• Install Lightroom Desktop on one of the machines (you've tagged macOS & Windows) that have ample space & faster performance.
  • Use the De-noise feature in Lightroom Desktop & it will sync the full-size image back to the cloud.
  • This synced image will also be downloaded in full size as Lightroom Classic downloads the full-size image locally & uploads smart previews.

Let me know if this helps. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no automated way but luckily there is a very simple way. It is deeply disappointing that Adobe has chosen to not support full raw upload from Lightroom Classic. Vote here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-should-be-able-to-sync-full-raw-files-to-th...

Anyway, what you want to do is also run Cloud based Lightroom (named Lightroom Desktop the name CC was long ago deprecated) next to Classic on your computer. Just install it from the creative cloud app. Sync your denoised image from Classic to the cloud. Then open Cloudy and simply drag the dng file (just use show in Finder/Explorer in Classic) into Lightroom Desktop. It will automatically connect the file to the already existing smart preview in the cloud insteadof creating a new image in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines