• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wow, have Adobe stopped supporting Windows with LR CC?

Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not used CC for a while, hardly ever these days as i do it all on my iPad, but today I thought i would use the latest CC verison. I try and use it a few times each month,  but always end up giving up as its so unstable. 

What happened to the fantasic LR? After being a used since v1 of desktop, i now find i cant use the PC verison at all. Nothing but lock ups, GPU crashes, the program just disappears when i try and do any edits, and, well, thats as far as i get. 

I love the ipad pad version, but this is taking the piss. My system hasn't changed over the past few years, other than Windows updates, but LR CC has been unusable for a long time, so its not just the one update.

I dont even get an error message, it just closes instantly when i try and do anything. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Is it the disc based Lightroom? 
You can check under Help, System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry i thought i had said its the latest CC verison (so cloud based) in my first post.

I'm not going launch it at the moment, it can cause issues that i dont want to sort out at this time of the night. 

Latest as of 3 hours ago is all i can say. I downloaded it today, upgrading from whatever versus one was current a few months ago. 

Windows 10 updated as of today, Nvidia GTX 970, latest divers. This is all as of now, but ive had the issues for as long as i can remember, certainly during the Pandemic so Windows version has changed, and the GTX970 used to be a GTX750 Ti and older drives, with the same issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Windows with Lightroom Desktop on a laptop and a desktop.

Never had a crash, both are very stable. I leave both running all the time, and use them in the evening for a couple months now. I have about 25K images and 600MB of data.

Have you contacted Adobe? Have you wiped your preferences? Disable the GPU? Besides updating every X months, what have you done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines