• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong timestamp applied to video files on import

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing an issue when importing MP4 (and possible other types) of video files into LR, the actual capture time (verified in the actual metadata at the import source, such as a SD Card) is being advanced by 6 hours (I am in the West Coast US LA/Seattle zone). I intially suspected something wrong with the camera capturing the video, but upon further investigation this seems not to be the case, it occurs across multiple camers (DJI Drone, GoPro, Nikon DLSR). Still pics taken at the same times come across just fine. There are no presets that I know of being applied, I checked both my desktop installation (I dont even see an option for that) and the Mobile app (which has an option for RAW files - set to "use camera setings"). I am using the most current version (7.2 20240214-0910-27200e9 build) on desktop and V 9.2.0 in Android) although this problem has been happening for a while.  It happens on both WIN10 and WIN 11 OS machines. I have attached several files: a couple of Raw Images and a Video file shot within seconds of eachother as well as a JPG stot in camera while recording the vid; Screenshots of the File Info screen in LR for both, and a screenshot of the SD Card showing the (correct) capture time for both.

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening, and how to correct it? It really fowus up my timelines when I am trying to match up stills and videos I have shot

Addendum: when trying to upload the .NEF Files Im getting this response from the server on this forum:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The attachment's _dsc2433.nef content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.
    The attachment's _dsc2436.nef content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.
TOPICS
Android , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

This is a very long standing time issue with timezone support in video that is not unique to Lightroom. Only applies to video where very often the timezone correction is not done or is doubly applied. If you search the forum you will find many people with this issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-video-capture-time-shifted-by-time-zone-offset/idi-p/12249887

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very long standing time issue with timezone support in video that is not unique to Lightroom. Only applies to video where very often the timezone correction is not done or is doubly applied. If you search the forum you will find many people with this issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-video-capture-time-shifted-by-time-zone-offs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see that now. I only have the issue with Adobe LR & LRC. Uploads to other places/programs, like Smugmug, Flickr, etc do not seem to exhibit this problem. Cant believe it has not been corrected yet!😪😢😭🤬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah if you read all the posts it is clear that Adobe could fix it by doing different corrections for each camera. They fixed some of these several times only to break it again next release so I don't think Adobe has this high on their priority list unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines