• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X-Trans sensor cameras look less good in LR, compared to "normal" files. Adobe please update LR

Participant ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I think I need to make it clear that the way Lightroom handles X-Trans files (RAW files from Fuji cameras with X-Trans sensors) is not totally ruining the images. But it makes them look worse than they should.

I have 2 Fuji cameras, one with an X-Trans sensor and one with normal senosr. I have directly compared them and the difference is definetly there. The main difference is desaturated colors and artifacts in the X-Trans sensor files.

As I said though, these issues do not totally ruin the images, but they are annoying. For me at least. And I sell prints, so I want as good image quality as possible.

I know about the Enhance Detail feature and I wish I did not have to use it. It takes extra clikcs and time for every file and fills up my hard drive, unless I delete them, which takes even more clicks and time. With thousands of files, that adds up. 

Is there anything we can do to get Adobe to update Lightroom so that it demosaics those files correctly? Like how can we make them realize that its an issue?

Am I unreasonable for wanting them to update LR in this way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a comparison to how LR handles X-Trans files vs normal files. Im including the RAW files so that anyone can see for themselves. 

Feel free to download these if you wanna see what they look like in LR yourself 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TaouEUmnoIOwshGcO9ZXgb8aTrHeP_7y/view?usp=sharing,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zye5uuCE3vfLnIgOumCTyoN-DBgz8l_D/view?usp=sharing

X-T2 vs X-T100 Lightroom.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines