• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XMP file import into Lightroom Android

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, today I purchased a preset, she made both XMP and LRT files. I have lightroom app for both my phone (android) and mg chromebook. I cannot open the xmp files in lightroom, I've followed every tutorial and none of them work. I have LR premium. I am angry, frustrated and want to throw my laptop! It really shouldn't be this hard. If I try going in and forcing the xmp upload, lr will say "1 ohoto failed to upload". Please please someone help. Apparently Im the only person on the planet wiyh this particular issue.

(Thread renamed by Moderator)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK- Lightroom-Mobile App with Premium requires Presets to be supplied as DNG image files from which you extract the Presets-

As suggested in these instructional links-

https://www.beart-presets.com/how-to-install-lightroom-mobile-dng-files

https://www.lightroompresets.com/blogs/pretty-presets-blog/how-to-install-presets-in-free-lightroom-...

XMP files will only be useful with an Adobe subscription to the 'Lightroom Plan'.

What are LRT files?  LrTemplate?

What Lightroom version is on your Laptop?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No DNG files were supplied. Is there a converter? Yes you're correct about the LRTemplate. My laptop says Adobe Photoshop Lightroom when it opens. When I click on app info it says "LIGHTROOM ANDROID".

TBMK- Lightroom-Mobile App with Premium requires Presets to be supplied as DNG image files from which you extract the Presets-

As suggested in these instructional links-

https://www.beart-presets.com/how-to-install-lightroom-mobile-dng-files

https://www.lightroompresets.com/blogs/pretty-presets-blog/how-to-install-presets-in-free-lightroom-...

XMP files will only be useful with an Adobe subscription to the 'Lightroom Plan'.

What are LRT files?  LrTemplate?

What Lightroom version is on your Laptop?

By @Rob_Cullen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom Android" is an App for Android devices only (Phones). It does not work on PCs or Mac laptops!

There is no converter for XMP > DNG, unless you have a friend with an Adobe subscription for the 'Desktop' versions of Lightroom or Lr-Classic, and the knowledge to create DNGs from the Presets.

Ask you Preset supplier for DNG versions of the Presets. (Or a refund!).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well that's exactly what my lightroom app says on my Chromebook. So I guess you learned something today. It's Lightroom android. There is no other lightroom available for me to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Lightroom Mobile (currently Android only) you can import XMP Presets from Google Drive or local storage......

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/using/edit-photos-mobile-android.html#google_drive_presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thanks @selondon  A knowledgable answer I was unaware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines