• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability link RAW files to smart preview from disk

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the ability to upload raw (or any original file) to my iPad and link them to the already existing smart previews. Currently the only way to do this is to delete the smart previews entirely and then upload the raw or original file. Or, to drag and drop from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom Desktop and wait for the sync.

Usually I need this feature in order to work remotely where I might not have access to high speed internet. Obviously this is not contusive to uploading hundreds large files. If I could do this directly from the iPad disk or better yet an external drive in would be very helpful.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a much better way to work remotely on your iPad without an internet connection. First, add each image to at least one album. While you do have an internet connection, tap the three dots behind the name of an album and choose 'Store Locally'. That will store smart previews of all the photos in the album on the device and makes it possible to edit images without an internet connection.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate