• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to see what Album a photo is in

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add in a way to see what album(s) a photo is in. You can do this with classic CC, but not the new cloud CC.

I have LOADS of photos, and after the migration from classic, lots of them are not in albums and are now heaped into on big imported album (because I used my hard drive folders to organise things in Classic.

So, now I have a big tidy-up job on my hands.

Also, it would be great if you could find all photos not in an album.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018
Hi Selondon! 

That's right! You can now access that information with Lightroom CC 1.5, which was released today. Click the ellipses at the top and choose “Check for App Updates.”

Give the new version a try and let us know your thoughts! 

- Carissa 

Votes

Translate

Translate
42 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - I use a work-around similar to someone else's suggestion to use stars to note that photos are in albums.  It works for now but a simple filter as you suggested would be best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the August 2018 release of LrCC 1.5, Album Membership Information has now been implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Selondon! 

That's right! You can now access that information with Lightroom CC 1.5, which was released today. Click the ellipses at the top and choose “Check for App Updates.”

Give the new version a try and let us know your thoughts! 

- Carissa 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's good Carissa. If we could filter (or a facet.. 'Album: none') to identify those orphans, photos not in an Album, that would be great also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this version allows you to see what Albums the photos are in.  That is a good start!  
What I and others that I can see wanted was to add a filter that shows photos that are NOT in an album.  Hopefully, that can be added next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it so difficult to make this (look to the picture below):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not difficult at all to create a folder  - but you are missing the point of having a filter to find all the non-album assigned photos.  That becomes a chore is you are bringing in photos from different sources and consolidating for first time in LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think it would also be useful to create a collection of photos that are not part of any synchronized collection in Catalogue LR CLassic.

Argument, When the main catalog is the catalog of LR Classic, it would be easy to remove from the catalog LR CC all the photos not included in synced albums and thus lighten LR CC on the various devices, because in this case, I see the catalog LR CC as a secondary catalog for making presentations etc.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. This is an essential improvement. Sorting photographs without the facility to see all the albums that a photo is in or the ability to see all photos that are not in any album is a nightmare I can do without.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on adding a filter to permit searching for and displaying only photographs that are *not* in any album.

Also, in the Album pane, the image count appears on every album, but not on the folders. Need an image count on the folders, and need total of all images spanning all albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started with Lightroom Cc and this is a feature I need very much (also on the Android App, pls!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The great news KLM is this is already implemented on the desktop. You'll find tags at the bottom of the Info panel. 

I would support it being added to the mobile apps too, so feel free to start a new thread for a mobile implementation too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Display the information panel and click on the photo, the panel updates it according to the selected photo. Click on the name of the album.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but right now mobile would be indeed more useful for me. Will eventually start a thread if I find the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@carissa_massongill

I can't see how to do this, can you please give instructions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To filter by photo's not in an album. Simply type "Not in any album" in the search bar and select the album filter. This will work in conjunction with other filters.

OHKLuke_1-1680607055957.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't see what albums my photos are in on Lightroom mobile- on my phone. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate