Please add local data stores to Lightroom CC (Cloud). Here is why.
Here is a posting I made on the Lightroom Journal.
Thank you for the opportunity to present myconcerns and ask a single question.
- I think it is a big mistake to create the brand Lr Classic and I think it is deceitful of Adobe to call an incomplete product Lightroom CC.
- The new Lightroom CC should have been released as a beta product. It is not fit for prime time. In effect Adobe are asking the Lightroom community to beta test this application as it travels from version 0.5 to 1, but unfortunately, Adobe want to charge us for the storage required to do so.
- If Lr Classic is left to rot and the new Lightroom CC does not allow use of local digital assets then I will abandon Adobe and stop recommending Adobe products.
- I will not be uploading my digital assets to an Adobe ecosystem ever and will walk away from Adobe completely if Adobe push me into that model.
- I understand and have manged extremely large data assets for global enterprises and nothing Adobe have done or said so far gives me comfort Adobe are qualified to manage my data.
- Because of the failings of the Lr import module and because of the disaster to try and re-engineer it (how embarrassing is that) I decided some time ago to create my own PreProcessor for Lr. This does a lot of validation of raw v jpg of my source files and allows me to select by file type and date range with simple clicks of intelligently generated option boxes. I am glad I have that work complete as I can now point the output of my app to Capture One when it suits me to do so (or when Adobe drive me to that decision).
Will a future version of Lr CC allow me to use my digital assets from a local drive or data store of my choosing. ????????????
I hope the Lightroom CC project works and that the final solution caters for local digital assets. If it fails I already have my contingency options well covered.
I am happy to be contacted regarding thisnote.