• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Apple TV: Ability to present images in random orders, by rating, or date range

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate that more features would be added on the Apple TV app such as:show pictures in random orders with selection you made. This is how we use it (among other) sharing in family and friends. . Photos as screen saver on TV just continue showing all evening. Selection on such as all five star rated photos.As well add functionality with selection based on years and / or in combination with geotags. Ie multiple selection criteria.

Idea No status
TOPICS
tvOS: Apple TV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been waiting for the app to get it's update for almost half a year, thinking all the new exciting things going on in Lightroom development would translate in a great experience on Apple TV. Not so long ago update came out but there is not a single visible change in it.

Just like you we use Apple TV as a screensaver for family photos, and Lightroom Apple TV app is atrocious. Old looking (and only) transition looks bad. It interferes with background music if you press play to start a slideshow, photos more often than not are not reloaded to reflect the latest changes in LR library, The app does not remember filtering options, so each time I open All photos it shows me every photo, even if I filtered them out to show 3+ stars last time etc.. It's so bad that I have to export photos to the Photos app, and use Apple Photos on apple TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if they don't get stats that say no one uses it, so they don't think it's worth updating to be useful enough anyone would use it. <sigh> I thought it was a great idea, and an okay first step, kind of proof that it worked, but I gather they weren't really serious about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to get more info from the Adobe team if this is being looked at?
I guess more information will come during the MAX, but I'm considering switching back to Apple Photos, for its much more advanced 'viewing' features.

LR is good for editing, but what good is it if the sharing with family and friends features are so crippled? The point of photography for us, hobbyists is to share those moments in convenient manner. Finding groups of photos, showing them on a TV etc. Apple gets this really good and even implements AI algorithms to create 'memories', albums that you probably care about. More than that, they see who's in those albums and offers to share the photos with those people. 

Strong RAW converter and editing tools are only one side of the story for peaople who's the LR CC audience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4K resolution images on LRCC for Apple TV, please, please. Apple Photos does it..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing as it doesn't look like Adobe are going to implement this any time soon, I've found a workaround but it requires the use of Lightroom Classic. 

Simply download and install this plugin: https://www.capturemonkey.com/shuffles/ 

Then select some photos and chose File > Plug-in Extras > Create shuffled collection...

This creates a new collection of the images in random order which you can select to sync with Lightroom CC. You can't actually view them in random order from within Lightroom CC as Adobe hasn't implemented that feature either, but you can select 'Custom order' from within the web version or on the Apple TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As a minimum, the Apple TV app desperately needs a "Set as Screensaver" button, just like the Photos app. The screensaver is my go-to way to display a photo slideshow in the background, without having to manually fiddle with the UI and push "Play" after every time someone uses the TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate