• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LrM - Allow application of metadata to multiple photos at once

LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to select multiple photos and apply stars & ratings to the selected photos. Frequently I like to mark all photos as 3-stars, then filter on >= 3 stars. I then start setting photos I don't like to 2 stars to remove them from the visible set. As it is I can't mark all photos as 3 stars in one batch, I instead have to use the desktop to do it.

Idea Planned
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019
Lightroom Android 4.4 has added: Change the title, caption, copyright, star rating, and or flag status for multiple photos at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 117 Replies 117
117 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Mobile is almost a perfect replacement for photojournalists in the field. Following the update that allowed for customized file naming/structure (Thank you to whoever worked on that issue!), I decided to try it again on a recent assignment. However, I found the captioning field and keywording section wanting.

I would suggest a tool to batch caption/keyword all images, similar to the copy/paste tool for color and light settings. I would also like to recommend that the text field in captioning be expanded to an expanded textbox rather than a one-line textbox.

When working on my previous assignment I made a generic caption and keyword field in the notes app (working off of an ipad pro) and then pasted it individually into each image I was filing. However, when I went to add information to the captions (specific names more detail) I had a terrible experience and lost time by having to scroll through from the back of the caption box to the top of the field.

When I checked the exported images the formatting was also broken. I leave spaces between graphs and a space between my attribution tag. In my exported files from LR Mobile everything was in one continuous graph which I then needed to fix on my laptop before I could file properly.

I have been a longtime user of Lightroom, I switched over from Aperture when adobe first released it. I rely on Lightroom for all of my work and was thrilled when Mobile first came on to the scene. I now feel that Mobile can outperform LR Classic/Desktop but for it to truly be a replacement for working professionals on deadline this captioning/keywording issue needs to be sorted out. I'd be happy to discuss the issue with a rep or developer and give more detailed examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d love to be able to batch edit the tags (assign, delete, modify, etc.) on Lightroom Mobile.

As of now I would have to double tap the individual image, go into the tag section and type in the tags I want to assign.

Repeat that for every single image. Takes way too much time. And you go crazy.

To be fair, I think you can batch edit on the desktop version. But we need this on mobile. We take so many pictures every day we need to be able to quickly sort and organize on the fly, on the spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. Pls add this feature. You already added the batch functionality for all sort of things, why not for tags? Something I recognize as a missing feature nearly every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add Keywords to more than one picture

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can’t batch edit metadata (at least in iOS).

For example, I want to add the keyword “sunset” to 5 photos. Currently I have to do it one by one. Am I missing something??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Evening.
This functionality has been requested by me and others.
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is essential, it is one of the most important to maintain a workflow. Labeling one of the images is a waste of time. Ideally, batch tagging, a tag selector, and not having to type them over and over again. Please implement this feature as soon as possible and I will have the best photography ios app,

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand.  When I want to add the same keyword to multiple images, I open Grid View, highlight them all with the mouse, then add the keyword in the keyword box and all images receive the same keyword. I can also delete tags this way.  What is the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is about mobile for devices (Tablets and Phones) I believe you are talking about a desktop application here. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is correct the focus is on the mobile app

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping to get some updates on this as I do most of my editing on my Ipad and its frustrating to not be able to charge the ratings and flags on large batches of photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i select multiple picture i want to add the same Keyword to all of them equal to desktop app. It is already posible to change the title and stars.
I use the Android app.

Related to https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/add-keywords-to-set-of-images-keywords-thesau...
But because it a question nobody can vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to create keyword lists and batch edit keywords for stock photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god yes please! I'm coming to terms with the lack of hierarchical tagging in CC in general, but the lack of bulk tagging at ALL on my iPad absolutely kills its usefulness for anything but single or a tiny number of images for me. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit some assignments in Lightroom mobile on an iPad. I don’t see a way to apply metadata info like captions to multiple images at once. I can copy and paste one by one , but that’s too time consuming. I see the option on my android phone. The iPad version of Lightroom seems more confusing than the android. I am trying to figure out if I can realistically leave the MacBook behind for editing on location. But the mobile iPad Lightroom seems a bit cumbersome.Stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPad Lightroom, paste captions to multiple images.
Any updates? I don’t see the option to add captions to multiple photos at once. It is a fundamental, basic function . I cam do it on The android version of Lightroom, but not on my iPad. I posted the issue in 2019, still this dealbreaker to use Lightroom for iPad and iOS professionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe please bring this feature to iOS as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this if you use Lightroom CC on the web. I have just added a group of keywords to17 photos with Safari on my iPad Pro. Obviously you need access to internet to use this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any work being done to add this feature? Its strange that its not already an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you pls move this feature higher up in your list of priorities? This is so simple but would immensely improve my workflow.

This request is two years old and you already added bulk editing of star ratings etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Copy & paste keywords from one photo to other. 

2. Adding keywords to multiple photos at once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I already asked months ago about the ability to enter caption text (or keywords) for multiple photos at once. On Android it has been possible for months, on iPad/iOS the feature does not exist.

Most photographers who need to submit photos to editorial clients and publications are required to transmit captioned images. 

The iPad is very portable, but if I need to edit an assignment in the field and send 50 images with some different subjects, it becomes slow and tedious to enter captions one by one. 

Also the caption field box is only one line, which makes it hard to copy/cut/paste a selection of text for another caption (I need to enter subject name. event, location, credit, so some text may be common for all the photos and other specific for some subsets). 

I am not sure why this feature that is available on Android and on Lightroom Classic, is not an option on the iPad. 

It has been almost a year since I submitted a similar post, and Adobe has been silent. 

Is it an iPad OS specific problem or an oversight by part of Adobe? 

Thank you

Stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been almost a year since I posted the issue about lack of captioning support for multiple photos on the iPad. Nothing new, available on Android not on iPad/iOS. 

It really is an handicap for photographers who need to edit and submit captioned images to their clients, whetehr agencies or publications. 

It is such a basic professional requirement, why is it available on Android and not on the iPad/iOS? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sry to bump this, but any news? Would be still very important for my work flow and would save me lots of time... Any hint whether this is being worked on would be helpful.

edit: this topic is in the wrong forum, can someone move it? This is about the mobile application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support this idea. There is an older thread (3 years) with much more support about the same thing here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-mobile-ability-t...

That thread is in the wrong subforum though, would be nice if it could get moved here and merged.

Votes

Translate

Translate