• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add face recognition

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am disappointed that there is no facial recognition in Lightroom CC. I am a professional Photo Organizer and I was hoping it would be a good alternative to Mylio and other programs for organizing client's photos. With facial recognition in other competitive products, it is a way to add lots of names as keywords very efficiently.
I scan client photos also, and I can't edit the capture date in Lightroom CC, so that is disappointing also.
This product still does seem promising as a way for my clients to view, share and enjoy their photos if I have organized their collection and applied metadata using other products such as Lightroom Classic.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018
Greetings,

The Lightroom family of products was updated today and contains support for this feature. Please download the new version and give it a try and let us know how it works. Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Lightroom CC: Please add face recognition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
99 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

The Lightroom family of products was updated today and contains support for this feature. Please download the new version and give it a try and let us know how it works. Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Lightroom CC: Please add face recognition.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Splitting to new thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Waiting for People to show up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to new thread

Please reference the new conversation here: People View

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving to new thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving to bug report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving to bug thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my photos with people in have been indexed and show up in clusters just as intended. Great new feature. But some photos with people in are not recognised and some photos with more than one person only reference one person.

Do I just wait and will the rest be indexed in sure course. Seems unlikely especially as some photos with multiple people don't show all the people.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have People in the keyword panel even if there aren't any - just a blank? Then one could add that photo to an existing cluster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

58GB out of 1TB and today Oct 18 nothing indexed yet. On the web version of Lightroom the people button is not even there as it is in the desktop version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, very good news that this feature in finally implemented! 🙂 Also, the Apple Photos migration suits perfect to me. Thank you!

One question: During the import also the recognized faces of Apple Photos have been migrated. That's fine, but is there also a way to reset all migrated faces and run the process from the very beginning?

Thanks and kind regards
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.53 of 20 gb used.  Downloaded new version on 10/15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 476 of 1TB...  Nothing here either

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been over a week now, but no people on my Mac or iPhone. I have 13000+ photos taking up 208GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

107 Gb here, and still no indexing of faces happening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated everything a while ago, but still no faces recognized in Lightroom cc on my Mac or iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rikk

I 'm a quit new adobe Lightroom user (3 months now). But what went wrong when naming the Adobe products:

Adobe Lightroom CC 
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC (is no Photoshop)
Adobe Lightroom Classic CC
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic (is no Photoshop)
Adobe Lightroom CC for Mobile
Adobe Lightroom CC photoshop family
all really confusing for the same functionality: managing and editing photos!

I started with Lightroom CC Classic and now trying face detection in Lightroom CC.
The beginning was promising like in Lightroom CC Classic. But after a while I 'm missing a lot of functionality in Lightroom CC, like:

- Deleting unwanted face. Hiding works in people screen, but not in detailed-tag screen. Hided (unwanted) face do still showup there as unnamed faces
- Adding faces manual, since rescan of (one or multiple) selected pictures is not possible, like in Lightroom Classic CC
- See the detected faces on the picture. Preferably with a possibility to switch this function on and of. like in Lightroom Classic CC
- Strange gui controle: Panes left and right showing up and away. Ex. When in people pane or in album structure(left), you switch to tag or info-pane (right), the left side is will collaps/close .Maybe this has something to do with screen size? I working on a 13" laptop right now.

Beside this points I think there is a room for a lot of improvement to do in Lightroom CC.

I wonder what Adobe want with Lightroom CC? Why don't make Lightroom CC a professional cloud based photo program. Lightroom Classic CC seems a fine product to me, with very good functionality, the basics is there, so why is Lightroom CC not (yet)?

Hope to see some improvements soon. For know Lightroom CC is a disappointment to me, back to Lightroom Classic CC

Sorry fo my English, hope you understand my story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a setting in the preferences, tab interface, to stop automatically closing the left and right menubars. So my 4th point (gui) is no issue anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Lightroom CC 2.1.1
adding a face manually is still impossible
please make it quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk.....I've just signed up, and found this post from 3 months ago. Are you saying there is an update to LRCC 2.1.1 (that I trialed last week) that puts face tags from LRClassic, to LRCC, to the cloud? (it wasn't working for me last week, and Adobe Lightroom Tech Help confirmed it isn't working on my account). I want to get those face tags onto the cloud!...much thanks, Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2.1.1 is the current version. 

Keywords - including Face Tags do not sync from Classic to CC or CC to Classic. 

Keywords (not Face Regions) will migrate in a one-time migration from Classic to CC but their hierarchy will be flattened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not migrate Face Regions? It seems like that would help the system do a better job of recognizing existing people, and validate those that spent years depending on the previous system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting face recognized on new photos, but not on older ones (mostly RAW) , is there a way to trigger a rescan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now my phone finally found myself in a photo, and also added a few older ones with me in  it. Is there a minimum number the same person has to appear before it bothers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be 5 Images minimum to warrant a cluster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok, guess its working as it should then. 🙂

Votes

Translate