• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add face recognition

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am disappointed that there is no facial recognition in Lightroom CC. I am a professional Photo Organizer and I was hoping it would be a good alternative to Mylio and other programs for organizing client's photos. With facial recognition in other competitive products, it is a way to add lots of names as keywords very efficiently.
I scan client photos also, and I can't edit the capture date in Lightroom CC, so that is disappointing also.
This product still does seem promising as a way for my clients to view, share and enjoy their photos if I have organized their collection and applied metadata using other products such as Lightroom Classic.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018
Greetings,

The Lightroom family of products was updated today and contains support for this feature. Please download the new version and give it a try and let us know how it works. Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Lightroom CC: Please add face recognition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
99 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Meg. I'll change it to an Idea so it gets logged as a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss the face detection in Lightroom CC. Please can you add this later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Meg.... I have thousands of pictures and facial recognition in Lightroom CC would really help me sort through the photos I have migrated over from Lightroom Classic. VERY disappointed this feature is not available on CC version. I would think that this version would be an upgrade from Classic, but I guess not at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic features are missing in Lightroom CC:
- face recognition
- geotagging
LCC is a product of Adobe where the customer will be punished if he gets involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had Lightroom for a while, now that Aperture shut down, but it was more than I needed. The new Lightroom CC seemed ideal for me, however without facial recognition (like google photos) and geotagging...wow I don't know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the input! Make sure you click the "Vote" button at the top right of the screen so we can track your request.

To vote for the geotagging feature go here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/are-we-going-to-get-geotagging-back-in-new-lr...

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the input! Make sure you click the "Vote" button at the top right of the screen so we can track your request.

To vote for the geotagging feature go here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/are-we-going-to-get-geotagging-back-in-new-lr...

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I disagree, Face recognition would surely lead to it being really really slow , while it tries to map and database each face . And lord forbid when it would hang and auto tag and get in your face .. no pun intended!

I’m stumped to why so many people have voted for this !
It’s a fancy facebook style feature that would swallow processing power and resources.

Let’s concentrate on solid basic features , File (batch) renaming would help you to organise images better .
And making sub and folders / albums.

I believe being able to rename files and then search the filename would help archive part of your needs .
And mine and everyone else who normally renames collections by client / jobs / events.

If it seems really popular and get added , than I’d like to see it as an option to turn off completely.
I can see a use for people that have 1000s of family photos not organised and named into folders / albums.

But for the rest of us that shoot and organise our images its not needed.

Cheers
S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Face recognition would surely lead to it being really really slow , while it tries to map and database each face   

Not necessarily - they could do it in the cloud, like they're doing with the other Sensei stuff.

But I do agree we need the basics in there first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also suggest making it so I don't have to take every face, but that AI is able to recognize faces I've already tagged and auto take them for me (within a reasonable confidence range).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really really really strange how Lightroom CC works. 
No face recognition
5mn to find how to import sd card

Some improvement found in Lightroom classic CC?

Really adobe, we are human being. Please make things more simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it would require lots of processing power
No it wouldn't be really slow

You can expect that processing power to be supplied by a cluster of 100s of machines and high-end Tesla GPUs in the cloud, if not more esoteric hardware, with Adobe continuing to revise the underlying neural nets uses for this task

That's kind of what the cloud is about!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Peter's comments about the demise of Aperture. While Photos is promising, I miss Apertures features. Photoshop Elements was interesting but erratically buggy. I switched to Lightroom CC thinking it had facial recognition... importing 9000 some photos lost on old drives and from Apple. Some form of algorithmic tagging would be awesome. I saw some app from a UK corp which had some of these features, but lost the url. Oh, may somehow Lightroom become more than a repository for old clothes in the back of the closet.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any news here? Still disappointed and waiting. The software is really expensive, so I think Adobe should add the features the Classic-Version already has...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin, it's a great request, but just bear in mind that Classic's had more than 10 years of development, whereas CC is very new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very disappointed in the Lightroom CC app. without facial recognition and face tagging. After doing a bunch of research for a replacement for Picasa that I could put on my new iPad Pro, the only comparable program that came up was Lightroom cc. I just spent 3 days prepping photos for import, creating folders and albums, importing and syncing photos only to find out that I can’t see which tag goes where. Then I add the premium feature subscription thinking that maybe that is where the facial recognition functionality comes is... wrong answer.. Not a Happy Camper! Basically just bought an app and monthly subscription for nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is really an answer - CC is not starting development as a new product in 2007, but as part of an existing product line in which geotagging and facial recognition have already been developed.

What is confusing is why features which already exist haven't been included in the CC version of the software - particularly since it is positioned as part of the Lightroom line rather than as a new line that is deliberately much more basic and less functional. 

In any event if it is something which is definitely in the works, it would be helpful to have confirmation of that (and when it is expected to be introduced) so that we know not to make other arrangements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do totally agree. instead of adding already developed basic function (printing, geotag, face recognition), they add some auto tag function thats is not very useful.
Missing ability to use this product with family account etc

in fact no idea is taken in account but the very expensive fee we pay every month for a big 1Tb even it 1 ou 200 Gb is enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see LR CC incorporate a Facial Recognition feature similar to LR Classic. It would make it so much simpler to find photos of family and friends quickly and easily. Right now the only way is to keyword which is time consuming and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very disappointed. Explored lots of tools in the market and was prepared to pay the subscription to Adobe, but then found no facial recognition which was one of my prerequisites!  Website was misleading as it does not differentiate between Lightroom Classic (which has it) and CC (which doesn't). A great offering, but missing the leading component, which it has available in it's sister product! Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

The Lightroom family of products was updated today and contains support for this feature. Please download the new version and give it a try and let us know how it works.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for listening to us on this feature. Rikk I opened up the web version of Adobe Lightroom product and don't see it there. Is this a downloaded app feature only? Where should we see this showing up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It currently appears in the CC for desktop version, the iOS mobile version and the iOS Android version.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate