• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to delete images, not just remove them from an album

Enthusiast ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am often working images from multiple trips/events at a time.

As such, each trip/event is in its own folder.By forcing me to go to all photos  I have to perform the following steps.

1. A performance hit, since my all photos is roughly 25K photos, Lr is always slow initially switching.

2. Multiple mouse and/or keyboard steps are required.

3. Performance hit waiting on Lr to filter first on "rejected"

4. Annoyance having to then select the working album as part of the filter criteria.

5. Then I can finally delete.

Would be much easier to filter on rejected within the album I am working. On the confirmation dialog ask .

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim, I'm not following you here. In this situation Lightroom is not like Classic, so to delete from within an album can be done either with a simple right-click>Delete or Alt/Opt+Backspace keyboard shortcut. Are you saying those options aren't working as expected for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim_Wilde 

Dumb user issue, I totally missed that. I never checked the right click, and I never saw the alt-backspace in the docs I read (or more likely I missed it). I normally also use the delete key, not backspace. Since they have a nice prompt about removing the images, some additional tweaks there would have been nice. Such as telling me about the alt-backspace.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timothy_spear 

Are you using Windows or Mac? Both do show the KBSC on the right-click menu alongside the "Delete Photo" option, on Windows it actually states "Alt+Backspace" whereas on Mac it's just the symbols for Opt and Backspace.

Oddly, though, on the Edit menu it doesn't show the KBSCs for Delete and Remove from Album. I would have thought that would be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows, I never used the right click in the grid display. Did not occur to me...

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate