• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to disable eject memory card after import

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option to disable the function of "Eject Memory Card after Import" for Lightroom CC (not Lightroom CC classic). How could I solve it?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
59 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a way at this point in time, but I'll change it to a feature request. Can you explain why you need to keep it attached? That'll help your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s simply I would like to import the images in different batches for better organization ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a lot of scope for user error (accidentally missing photos) doing it that way whereas if you import in one go, you can then drag/drop into albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‘m new to Lightroom CC. How do I stop it from auto ejecting my camera sd card whenever I select and import photos to my iMac? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to Lightroom CC (the cloud-based Lightroom) or Classic? In Classic, in the import dialog, there is an option to check to eject the card at the end of the import process. Not sure about Lightroom CC because I haven't imported for quite a while in that program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also like to select a group of images, create and name an album for that group then import the group. I then go on to the next group, do the same and so on until all images have been imported. As I may have shot over 1000 images in a studio session and like to create up to 15 different albums for each part of the shoot, it’s very tedious having to take out the SD card and reconnect many times. It seems odd that LR Classic has the facility to disable Auto-Eject but not the newer Cloud Based LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time you go back to the import dialog, it has to load all the thumbs again. Have you tried importing all 1000 while you sit back and enjoy a cuppa, and then create the albums from the "recent import" collection. It's honestly way quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes, that is a way around it but I prefer to stick to my established workflow. It’s just strange that Auto-Eject can be disabled in LR Classic but not in LR CC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do the opposite in LR Classic - I don't see the "Eject after import" option anymore. Any idea how to keep it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with John -- there clearly are many photos that I will never want to import. You may say it's quicker, but doesn't make sense to have to import everything, drag to albums,. and then discard ones that you never would have imported in the first place.  It was a feature in Classic that has been removed for no apparent reason and makes no sense that it wouldn't be a feature in LR CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michelle! Is it just me or what - I want to use CC but many of the LR Classic features are missing, what’s it all about a Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Michelle and John. I have a system of importing that allows me to file pics the way I like them and disregard the ones I wouldn't import. Please bring back the option. i worry about ruining my SD card by reinserting often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are hitting the [Vote] button at the top right if this is a feature you want.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Micro SD as my secondary drive in Surface Pro, I don't want it to be ejected forcefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Micro SD as my secondary drive in Surface Pro, I don't want it to be ejected forcefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, my workflow works for me, and I'd prefer to not keep remounting the card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, my workflow works for me, and I'd prefer to not keep remounting the card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, also. Returning from a long trip to a number of places, I want to import selected photos to specific albums. Reconnecting over and over again is tedious and irritating. It should be the photographer's choice on how to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this needs implemented again. I don't want to have to re-learn a new method in my workflow which works for me and have used in all previous lightrooms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user should be in control of when the SD is ejected. An auto-eject behaviour should be under control of a preference setting. The content of the SD may be relevant for use by other Apps e.g. video. Unfriendly and unexpected behaviour from LR to cause the user to re-insert the card if they want to do anything other than a single LR import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll offer my own workflow. I often have a mix of photos and video. I obviously do not want to import the video to Lightroom CC, so I import the photos first (usually the shorter import), then import the videos to my drive while I go do something else. I hate having to reinsert the card when the photos finish to switch to video. I 1000% can't set them to offload at the same time because when the photo import ends it terminates my video transfer. I don't care if it isn't the default, LET THE USER CHOOSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll offer my own workflow. I often have a mix of photos and video. I obviously do not want to import the video to Lightroom CC, so I import the photos first (usually the shorter import), then import the videos to my drive while I go do something else. I hate having to reinsert the card when the photos finish to switch to video. I 1000% can't set them to offload at the same time because when the photo import ends it terminates my video transfer. I don't care if it isn't the default, LET THE USER CHOOSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never save my photos onto my internal harddrive, I do all editing through external harddrives. I also edit photos one at a time because I do them all differently. It's infuriating to have to keep physically pulling and putting the usb back in just to save my work and then re-import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I follow your problem Georgie. Lightroom works just fine with the photos on external hard drives, this thread is about ejecting memory cards. Perhaps you'd like to explain your workflow so we can understand where it's going wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate