• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to search Album and Folder names

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not found a way to search for FOLDER names, or ALBUM names in the new Lightroom CC. If a person has nested folders or nested albums there should be a way to search for keywords in the folder or album names.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
28 Comments
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four years later and you still can't search album titles.

It's just a fundamentally broken process to think that all of the BASIC functionality from LR classic really needs to be individually asked for in community forums so that it can be ignored.

It's a fundamentally broken process to have 2 codebases where the implementation promotes such ideas as "text searching through a list of album names is a 'classic' feature, a feature more suited to 'old school' users not modern 'cloud' users"

We're approaching a decade now of this split and Adobe needs to step up and start and finish and initiative to fix the fundamentally broken gaps in functionality between classic and CC.

The only way to do that is to not have 2 codebases. Two codebases is going to equal a decade of missing functionality for your users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, mea maxima culpa, you can search albums in the universal search bar. I was wrong.

Still think the dual code bases is a bad idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can search but nothing will happen, even if it finds the photos it's still not going to tell me the location of the album. 

Are you talking mobile or desktop version? No way in the mobile Android version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate