• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Desktop: Ability to throttle upload speed

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC takes up too much bandwidth when uploading. Need to add a feature to control this so that people with large collections don't flood their internet connection.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am honestly disappointed with Adobe for shipping a product so heavily dependent on the cloud without the option to throttle the upload speed. This is an absolutely crucial feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - when I turn on syncing, it uses all available upload bandwidth to the point where no devices can access the internet anymore in the house!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to control the amount of bandwidth used by LRCC.  In my case, I'd like to "dial it up" 
My experience shows no system degradation when LRCC is syncing in the background.  I am able to use the Internet as if LRCC was not running.  I do have a solid connection 100MB down and 10MB up.  LRCC is only using 2.2MB up.
When I am away from my Mac, it would be nice to be able to let LRCC use 100% of the bandwidth available.
Don't take this as a complaint, just a suggestion 🙂 

Monty

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploading my Lightroom catalog to the cloud has made my network unusable for hours.  Please add a setting to throttle the rate of data sent during syncing so that other apps can also use the network too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wish i had this problem, my uploads using Lr CC are SO slow its just about unusable. its taking days. anyone have any ideas why this might be?

cheers folks and happy holidays

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ~750 GB of photos I'd like to upload. Can't do that if it's going to saturate my network and kill everything (which it did the first couple times I tried to sync files). Please figure out controls like Dropbox/Amazon Drive have to throttle the number of concurrent files as well as the bandwidth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely a crucial feature. The product has been out for almost a year. This needs to be done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your network becomes unusable, I would recommend getting a better router. One that does QoS (quality of service) or some other form of traffic shaping. If you are on cable internet another option is to get a cable modem that uses more channels which will also help. This is a very typical problem with low-quality routers and asymmetric internet connections and is not really Lightroom's doing but has to do with your router and cable modem not adequately managing traffic. It could definitely be solved by making Lightroom throttle of course and that would be a good idea but it is a more fundamental issue with your network if this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the ability to throttle the upload/download bandwidth used by Lightroom when syncing my photos like Microsoft does with OneDrive! Ideally, you should add the ability to limit it to certain times/day, but at least allow us to limit the bandwidth it uses to sync.

In our house, we have 4 adults, 2 of which are gamers. If I don't set OneDrive to limit my bandwidth for syncing, the gamers notice immediately because their response time goes way up. OneDrive added the bandwidth limitation setting,and now we don't get complaints anymore.

Now every time I start LRCC and it goes to sync my photos, it saturates the home network and the gamers notice their response times immediately going way up, just like OneDrive used to do. Normal web browsing and even video streaming (aka, Roku) is not affected, but gaming, where ping is everything, is affected.

As to the statement about a better router or cable modem, we have the latest Docsis 3.1 modem with 24 channels from the cable company (as of yesterday), the brand new Arris SurfboadMax AX11000 Mesh Router System (also yesterday), and 115Mbps download/12Mbps upload over the cable (for last several years.) We have Gigabit on the internal network (LAN.) There should be no reason that Lightroom CC's syncing should saturate the network when others need fast response time in gaming. We should be able to throttle it back to something like 125KB/s up/down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to turn off the syncing to the cloud? I really don't need it and my picture folders are over 2TB 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not want to sync, you really should not use Lightroom (the cloudy version that used to be called CC but is now called just Lightroom in order to confuse everybody). You should be using Lightroom Classic. Classic does not require syncing (Lightroom - the Cloud version does) and is way more full featured than the Cloud version (it can actually print and export to anything else than sRGB jpeg - imagine that!). You can pause syncing in the cloud version by clicking the cloud icon but that is only a stopgap measure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have this issue. It took me a month to upload my initial library of 61GB and I have a 300mb/s connection so it could have been done in about 2 hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the same problem too.  Have these developers really never tried their own app? this is a crucial feature.   Smugmug forgot to do that too.  where do these people live? all in california where the internet is free flowing like water?

here is the top 10 limiter tools,  i am gonna try out NetLimiter, the user interface looks the easiest to limit upload rates.

https://www.muo.com/tag/tools-limit-bandwidth/

Votes

Translate

Translate