• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Additional options needed when exporting

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ask because when you export in Lightroom CC, called "save to," the only parameter you can adjust is the pixels. Nothing else that I can see. In other versions of Lightroom you get a whole bunch of parameters to adjust, including DPI. Clients specify sometimes the settings that they want. Or another possibility is that I'm doing it wrong, and if so, could someone let me know how to export and adjust things like DPI.

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 212 Replies 212
212 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. So much for having LR mobile being a professional tool. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will gain it so quickly that 1 year later we are still here...no words

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be the most requested feature in the forum but still 1 year later nothing has changed, hilarious

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need uncompressed TIFF export for external print shop delivery. Right now, I have to roundtrip to PS and export. Inconvenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

As a full time military a documental photographer I though that perhaps a more lightweight yet powerful setup for my workflow will be consist on a IPAD PRO12.9 and Lightroom mobile but there’s a huge issue and that is the lack of .Tiff exporting capabilities in the LR mobile.
I know there’s no currently a way to export Tiff’s or PSD using Lightroom Mobile on an IPAD PRO.
But, I want to ask to que community if you think that perhaps ADOBE is goin to allow that soon.

Adobe needs to put that feature ASAP.

The lack of TIFF or PSD exporting capability is a pain because I can’t send photos for large prints.
I need to send high quality files to my clients, so, any good news?

Regards.

Oliver Ehmig
www.oliverehmig.com
IG:oliverehmig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is extremely frustrating to be unable to change the file name, both within LR and as an export.  I identify photos and it is all lost  on export, requiring a lot of extra work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this work around if using Apple IOS.
Download the Workflow app on the App Store.

Create your own extension workflow that batch renames. Set the file name of your choice in the workflow app.

Now you have two choices, you can either export all the images you want into a folder on your iPad, sort them in date order at the top filter, then run your workflow over them to rename all, or on export in lightroom mobile, select the extension you made on export and it will batch rename as it exports to folder of choice.

I use workflow, it’s a fantastic tool. I can batch rename and resize at the same time on export in lightroom mobile with it. There is a ton of stuff you can do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no words on this after adobe max?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be very interesting to have the possibility to choose export parameters for files, such as dpi and jpeg compression

Votes

Translate

Translate

Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prioritize this please, exporting TIFF files at some point is an essential part of most people's photography workflow as well as being able to set export parameters like quality, resolution etc. I would kill for Capture One style processing recipes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just seen on a photography YouTube channel (think it was Jared Polins news fix) that Adobe has announced full photoshop for mobile. No timeline was given, but this is the first official announcement Ive heard. Hopefully this will open up lightrooms capabilities on export with more file types. Here’s hoping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My prediction: lossless sharing between Lighroom mobile and Photoshop mobile (yay), but severely limited export options in Photoshop. This way you’re locked into using Photoshop mobile instead of Affinity Photo or other competitor products. I’ll eat my hat if something else happens.

I’ll believe the “Adobe has no interest in preventing you from using other products” line when I see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be outrageous and hard to believe (not impossible). There is more to workflow than Photoshop. Just give your customer industry standard export options: original, lossy and lossless. 

Locking every down also ensures that their entire Classic user base will never switch over, which should be their goal since they are leaking customers to Serif, Skylum, On1, Capture One and many others right now judging on comments and forums. 

Let's see... here is hoping that we'll get this for Christmas in the December update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very useful to be able to export photos in jpeg format with the desired icc profile applied, like in lightroom cassic, so you can export the photos to be printed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Lightroom CC and wish I had known ahead that there was no way to change the dpi settings. It's very frustrating not to have that since I do need to submit things to print as 300dpi. I can't afford Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only stumbled over this after exporting images last night, and thinking why do they look so compressed or lower res.
I’m guessing it’ll be fine for printing, but looking at them on the 12.9 iPad screen, they don’t look good. In Lightroom CC fine.
I thought I’d found a perfect setup, mac and iPad and having everything linked up.
If it’s not fixed, then I’m going to have to look elsewhere for a solution. Most of the time I’m looking at images on a screen not for print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay worked this out. This is all on the iPad Pro.

If from the iPad I export to camera roll at full res, it looks good.
Export to files and ask for full res, then not good.
Export at lower res to files, and even lower res looks good.

So I’m guessing when you export to camera roll, it’s exported for a iPad screen?
And export to files for print or other??

If this is the case, Adobe should of made this clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting findings.

Just make sure of the following. Like what you find on a mac, when you preview a image, it looks terrible in the finder window, but when viewed on a application like photos, it looks way better.

What you may find is that files app is designed to preview the image at a certain quality. So when a low res image is previewed it looks way better, but a high res image looks bad, because of the way the files app renders the preview downgraded. The photos app may be suited to preview a high res file way better.

Non of the above really have anything to do with the actual quality of the original image, that either gets printed or ultimately used in a particular way, like a website.

The reason id suggest it doesn't make a difference is because Lightroom mobile first renders the file before you decide which folder to save to. Ive printed from both high res rendered to photos and files app, both are identical.

I am sure if you simply moved the images from the files app to photos, you should get the same results.

This is my guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I’m going to give that a go now.
That’s a point I didn’t think about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are totally correct.
Copied the image in Lightroom folder in photos on the Mac into iCloud folder, and viewed on the iPad.
The image looks worse from iCloud, but it’s the same image file.

And to think I was about to chuck my toys out my pram

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, good thing you did the experiment, we can learn from it.

I first learnt this issue when I did a job for a client, and after handover he called me to say, i should really apply more noise reduction in post to my higher ISO images, only to find out, that on a mac, when he previewed in the finder window, the preview shows a terrible, noisy copy of the image, but when you open the image in photoshop or even a basic photo app, the images looked perfect, like you had seen when editing.

You can just imagine how many people after seeing their preview went back into Lightroom and destroyed their images by increasing adjustments, not knowing it was actually just a terrible preview. 

Printing or viewing full res in a photo programme is always the true test for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just gets better. If you make a folder in iCloud, then put the image in there and view all good. Just not direct in iCloud root folder.

All very odd, but I can work with all now I know that oddities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm to everyone.
The images were being viewed on the iPad, and was the same issue on my pro and air.
Just don’t view direct from iCloud, out into its own folder. Or save to Lightroom folder. Still need a better way to rename etc, but the issue was poor images equally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say rename, what are you referring to? Renaming the file on export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that’s it.

Votes

Translate

Translate