• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Desktop: Change behavior of edit status for raw defaults

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using latest 4.4 Lightroom on Mac desktop. Filtering by "edited" doesn't work at all.

My expectation of this setting is the following: 

- No - no change has been made since the import of the photo

Currently the "no" setting displays non-logical non-accurate results. It displays some non-edited images, but most of the others are edited (a lot).

Some background why I need this filter to work in the first place...

My Hasselblad X1D photos all give "missing profile camera standard" error when opened on iOS devices. After months of long searching on the issue I found a workaround to show the Legacy camera profiles folder and add the "Embedded" one as a favourite. Now I want to filter all photos with the default Camera Standard profile and batch change it to Embedded. But this is not possible, so I had to look for other options - such as filtering by edited, which just doesn't work, hence this topic. 

And while we are at it, why there's no filter or search by Camera Profile (or any other specific adjustment)? C1 has covered this perfectly. 

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tested on 4.4 on Mac OS 10.15.7 and I am not seeing any non-edited issues showing as edited or vice versa. 

Without additional information I am not able to reproduce what you are seeing. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stefan_totev 

I have not checked with current releases, but I have found presets applied during import do not count as edited. (personally I think this is a bug).

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timothy_spear  That is as designed behavior. The import state is considered the zero-edit state.  If you use a raw default at import that will not be counted as an edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not applying any presets. These are all edited after the import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk 

Yeah, I disagree with such a design. For example, I have found "auto" works well with the outdoor shots I take, but tends to do poorly with high contrast indoor shots which are under exposed (going back to ISO invariant methods).

Since most of my photography is outdoors, I tend to have auto applied automatically.

On the indoor shots, I either have to export and re-import with no preset or set each image back to zero. Both solutions are painful. I have not decided yet which is better, have to click auto on each outdoor shot, or deal with the sliders or export/import.

This is why I disagree with such a design.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Converting this to a feature request. 

Votes